Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ubiquity Server Solutions being blocked constantly????

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Ubiquity Server Solutions being blocked constantly????
February 09, 2010 08:02PM
Well I'm pretty familiar with peerguardian and now peerblock in how they work. They in turn simply block ip addresses that try to access yours. I never had this before and it just started happening after I installed peerblock. The program seems to work just fine when looking under what is allowed and what it blocked in the view history tab. But constantly blocks this site---"Ubiquity Server Solutions." Now I checked and there is an actual website with this name. By the way this happens even when my computer is in idle and nothing is happening like downloading, or simply surfing the web. My computer is spyware and virus free. The registry is perfectly clean, and everything on my computer is organized. So I'm clueless about this. Anyone have any in site on this. Thanks smiling smiley
Attachments:
open | download - peerblock.jpg (131 KB)
Re: Ubiquity Server Solutions being blocked constantly????
February 09, 2010 10:11PM
Looks like it's going from your machine out to theirs, and on a non-HTTP port.  This means that some piece of software on your machine is likely trying to contact that server.  A tool such as Microsoft's TCPView should help figure out which program is doing this.

Good luck,

---  Mark  ---

Lead developer of PeerBlock
Anonymous User
February 12, 2010 05:05AM
Thanks I'll give it a try. smiling smiley
Anonymous User
February 12, 2010 05:12AM
Stopped all software except for the main os applications and it's still doing it. It now seems like it's overloading my bandwidth and I loose internet access. When I stop peerblock and restart my internet returns. Any other ideas??
February 13, 2010 03:12AM
Do you have a firewall installed? It could help to see which program or service is accessing that address.

From what I see its trying to use one local port, fails, then tries the next. Port 3498 is a DASHPAS user port.

Also try a "netstat -b" in a command prompt window. It will show each connection, listening port and the program associated with it. Might reveal something.

This business is binary. You're either a one or a zero.
Anonymous User
February 14, 2010 03:43PM
So I ran the cmd prompt you recommended. Would it be safe for me to list a screen shot of it here even if it has my ip address listed?
February 14, 2010 03:46PM
You ca take screenshot, use Microsoft Pain to paste the image. Then erase your IP address or block it in red.

Anonymous User
February 15, 2010 01:14AM
Just an update the netstat -b worked and shown me what was running for that ip. I was able to get rid of and stop completely the software causing this issue with your tip. Thanks for the help smiling smiley
February 15, 2010 01:55AM
I'm curious what software was it?

Anonymous User
February 16, 2010 12:44AM
It was the software "Playon." When playon is installed on your computer it adds a virtual mediamall server that allows your pc to see other devices and vice versa that lets you play the playon software. Once I found it I just added it basically as an exception to peerblock. Just allowed permanently and BAM! No more constant blocking. Playon must use Ubiquity Server Solutions to host there server. I'm just guessing though.
Anonymous User
January 23, 2011 11:40PM
I had the same Issue, Peerblock blocking a specific ip/port originating from my machine. I found that it was the Application Ventrilo. I do not know why ventrilo, as long as it was operating (And not specifically connected to any server) would constantly ping an ip from "Ubiquity Server Solutions". Perhaps it was trying to check for updates? Who knows. As soon as I close ventrilo, it stops. So, there is my 2 cents. It also doesn't effect Ventrilo's operation, when blocked, that is.
Anonymous User
January 24, 2011 11:20AM
Oh ><"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2011 11:21AM by berbatov.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login