Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Exception Occurred - Build No. 30909270181 mainproc.ccp

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Exception Occurred - Build No. 30909270181 mainproc.ccp
February 11, 2010 08:42AM
Hi, y'all

Yesterday PB started with the attached error which prevents PB proceeding further in it's start up.

Can anyone help? I haven't tried anything yet as I don't really want to risk losing all the 'allow/block' lists I've set up.

Cheers,
Attachments:
open | download - Peer Block Error.doc (33 KB)
Re: Exception Occurred - Build No. 30909270181 mainproc.ccp
February 11, 2010 11:53AM
if you could post your PB log and .conf files here too, thatd really help isolate your problem for the devs, thanks.

Life is like a box of chocolates................................umm chocolate, yummy grinning smiley
Anonymous User
February 11, 2010 01:03PM
I've attached an extract of the log file as the full file was too large, I've included the last few days of logs back to when I have a successful launch. I can't attached the conf file. I think this is because it's empty.
Attachments:
open | download - peerblock EXtract 2010-02-11.txt (55.9 KB)
February 11, 2010 01:16PM
Heya Tasng4.

I'm sorry to hear you experience this problem. If your .conf file is indeed empty, try renaming or deleting it before running PeerBlock. It should take you through Wizard Start-Up process. I'd suggest moving on to beta version, because it has a lot of bugs fixed and resolved in addition to some features added.
February 12, 2010 04:11AM
Yep, in fact this very bug was fixed (or at least now workaroundable) in the most recent Beta Release, r277.  Issue #208, in case you're interested.

---  Mark  ---

Lead developer of PeerBlock
Anonymous User
February 12, 2010 09:15AM
Thanks to all, PB is now up and running after renaming the old .conf file. However............it now isn't updating the lists I'd downloaded from the IBlocklist.com. These lists are stored in Program files/Peerblocker/lists and have names like 468487062.list. I can't find anything in settings to switch this on.

Also how reliable are the beta versions, having worked in mainframe IT, many years ago, I remember these had a tendency to be more like test versions.

Thanks again.
February 12, 2010 10:02AM
After replacing your old .conf file, you'd have to re-add your wanted lists via list manager.

About the beta version, it all depends on the policy of the software/application maintainer. It's true that a beta version is commonly regarded as "test" before the real finalized thing. However, the policy used here in PeerBlock is that bit different. Various bug fixes and perhaps features are added more frequently as beta. After numerous amount of beta releases (and no issues arising from these implementations), a new stable version would then be released with all the fixes and changes added to it.

Right now the stable version is r181 while the beta is r277 (that's 96 changes/revisions differences!). Someday when the amount of changes has reached quite high with confidence of no new issues arising from all the betas, the next stable release would have all the beta version's bug fixes implemented into.

So to conclude my post, for PeerBlock, I recommend using the beta version just for the sake of latest bug fix and features to make the experience more reliable and fun.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2010 10:03AM by Tippy.
Anonymous User
February 13, 2010 09:22AM
Thanks for all the help and advice, PB is up and running again on version 1. I will swap to the beta version later.

One final point, I lost all the lists/url's I'd downloaded, I found lists in c:\Program Files\Peerblocker\Lists but these lists don't seem to be anything to do with the lists I originall downloaded and I've forgotten which ones I DL'd is there anyway I can findout which one I DL'd?

Thanks.
February 13, 2010 09:49AM
Heya Tasng4.

The lists in there are actually created by PeerBlock. It creates by downloading the blocklists (ie from www.iblocklist.com) and then creates the list into that folder. Right now I can't recall how PeerBlock names the downloaded list, I think it probably was according to the hash value of the file. PeerBlock then uses these lists and generates a cache for it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login