Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

General installation issues and missing permallow.p2b

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
General installation issues and missing permallow.p2b
March 01, 2010 08:33AM
As far as I can tell PeerBlock is not being installed onto my PC, there is no install directory. Is this normal? Several times PeerBlock has crashed and I have had to use the installer to start it again, I also lose all saved exceptions.

Also my permallow.p2b file does not exist, several times the list has been lost, due to an unspecified error, and I have to start it all over. Should there be a file created with allowed IPs? I could create my own file using notepad, but need to know the format used and if PeerBlock is capable of importing files.

I am running Windows 7 Professional, 64 bit.

Any help would be appreciated, Jamie.
Re: General installation issues and missing permallow.p2b
March 01, 2010 06:57PM
Which release are you using? Have you tried the recent beta?

Post your log and conf file.

This business is binary. You're either a one or a zero.
Anonymous User
March 02, 2010 03:50AM
As I have already said the program is not installed on my PC, yet it still manages to run fine minus the problems. So I cannot tell you the version number, although I believe it to be the most up-to-date full release as there are no updates for it in the updater. I cannot attach the files that you ask for as they do not exist on my machine.

I will try the latest stable and beta builds, to see if that helps.

UPDATE:

The files have appeared this time, using the latest beta version. It still has not installed itself onto my PC, but it does state "no installer". In the future I would like it to be installable, if this is possible.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2010 04:01AM by usernameinvalid.
March 02, 2010 09:37AM
Hmm, did you download and run the Installer package (i.e. a file named like PeerBlock-Setup_v1.0+_r277.exe), or one of the "Portable" packages? (i.e. a .zip file, named like PeerBlock_r277__x64_Release_(Vista).zip, for which you needed to choose the proper file for your OS and 64- or 32-bit version)?  The symptoms you're describing make it sound as though you downloaded the .zip "portable" version when you really wanted the .exe "installer" version.

---  Mark  ---

Lead developer of PeerBlock
Anonymous User
March 02, 2010 06:09PM
I had downloaded the latest stable release (which is still the newest) and now I have the latest beta release, both are the .exe and both have not actually installed the program onto the PC, but at least now it has generated some/all of the files.

Edit:

I have found the issue, there was a conflict which was stopping it install properly. Not sure how I fixed it, but now it is working.

/thread and thanks for the help.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2010 06:15PM by usernameinvalid.
March 03, 2010 12:17AM
sometimes firewalls and settings/configurations will stop certain programs from installing successfully, for example when i got civ4 for pc and i patched up bts to 3.19 the first time my firewall wouldnt allow the update to finish even though the game had full access then after a couple more tries i turned off my firewall completely and it installed perfectly.

Life is like a box of chocolates................................umm chocolate, yummy grinning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login