Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Just some feedback...

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Just some feedback...
March 01, 2010 02:05PM
First of all, I'd like to say thanks for a great product. Second, I was just wanting to give some feedback on an issue on my computer with it. It may not be the cause, but my computer never does this except while peer block is running. For some reason after about an hour or so I get a blue screen, some errors, and my computer reboots. Im using an hp pavilion dv8000 with windows xp media center (32 bit). I don't know if its just my computer, it is a fairly old one, but in the event this is happening to others and there is a bug in the software, I just wanted to make yall aware of it. Otherwise great product.
Re: Just some feedback...
March 01, 2010 06:50PM
Post your Minidump files in order to debug the issue. I don't think its PeerBlock causing the issue but I don't mind taking a look. Its most likely a driver issue (network card, video, etc).

Files are located in C:\Windows\Minidump..............The filenames are set by date.

This business is binary. You're either a one or a zero.
March 02, 2010 09:10AM
The most common cause of PeerBlock-related crashes is having the Microsoft "Driver Verifier" tool turned on.  This will crash your system - it detects some potentially problematic issue in PeerBlock, and then crashes the system so that you can analyze the dump to see what's going on, by design.  If you are in fact running with Driver Verifier active, I would strongly recommend against this . . . or at least tell it not to monitor PeerBlock.

You can check your Driver Verifier settings by doing Start -> Run -> verifier.exe

Otherwise, as ZeroCoolXP said, please post your .dmp file(s) and we can take a look at 'em.

---  Mark  ---

Lead developer of PeerBlock
fxm
March 02, 2010 09:48AM
MarkSide Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> The most common cause of PeerBlock-related crashes
> is having the Microsoft "Driver Verifier" tool
> turned on.  This will crash your system

But "after about an hour or so"?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login