Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: List Update Frequency (aka "Why aren't my lists being updated?" )

Posted by Anonymous User 
I have not updated or used Peerblock in weeks and today I went to update and it's saying there are no updates. How can this be ?
March 05, 2010 11:18PM
This question can only be answered by bluetack they are the ones who make the lists...
[www.bluetack.co.uk]
March 05, 2010 11:21PM
Please supply your peerblock.log and peerblock.conf so we know what lists you are using and the version of peerblock you are using. Many changes have been made to the list system in peerblock recently so you might just need to update your peerblock version.
March 06, 2010 02:36PM
MarkSide contacted me (I-Blocklist administrator) about users complaining that PeerBlock was updating lists but the contents of the lists were not changing.
The decision was made to make changes to I-Blocklist so that PeerBlock will only update when there has been changes to a list.

Bluetack has been down for maintenance so the Bluetack lists have not changed so PeerBlock does need to update the Bluetack lists.
March 07, 2010 02:46PM
See the posting on [www.bluetack.co.uk]

"Thanks to all who continue to support the efforts here. We've made it to the other side of registrars and admins and support and dns and servers and recoding... well you get the picture grinning smiley
More services are coming online daily. The blocklist updates are under way and will be passing to the mirrors very soon. Please do not panic. Our IRC channel is always available 24/7, visit it if you need help and can't secretfind a ninja.

You can visit the BlockListPro backup site to download the Blocklist Manager, the most recent Blocklists, The Hosts Manager, Hosts file or Protowall. The forums are up and running now. Also, the config page shows links to the lists and shows the last date and time they were updated. It's been a while, but we're getting there. Please feel free to browse, ask a question, or answer a question. Thanks for your patience and generous support. March 5, 2010 "

This business is binary. You're either a one or a zero.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login