Anonymous User
UNCAUGHT EXCEPTION
March 08, 2010 02:57AM
After using peer block the 1st time and shutting down my computer, the following took place the next time I started my computer:

UNCAUGHT EXCEPTION
An uncaught exception occurred!
Please report this error, including all information that follows, to the PeerBlock team at [forums.peerblock.com].
Thank you for helping us improve PeerBlock

Build Number: 30911210223
File: .\mainproc.cpp
Line: 919
Type: class win32_error
Function: Device Control
Error Code: 1450
Message: Insufficient resources exist to complete the requested service.

After opening this the second time I got this error notice.
I closed it then saw the icon appear in the start menu (it wasn't there initially) and clicked on it. Nothing happened. I then right clicked the icon in the start menu and chose "open". Nothing happened. I pulled up my task manger and nothing was running. I found peerblock in the folder on the c drive, opened it and nothing happened. I checked the task manager again and nothing was running. I noticed the icon appeared in the start menu again.
Anonymous User
Re: UNCAUGHT EXCEPTION
March 08, 2010 03:04AM
I used the "uninstall peerblock" icon from the start menu under peerblock and the message told me it couldn't uninstall until peerblock was ended. Now I am trying to uninstall it from the control panel. If that doesn't work, I'll shut the computer down, then go straight to the control panel and try again and if it works I'll download it again.
March 08, 2010 06:54AM
Please read the forum sticky about Known issues and supply us with the needed information to see what's going on. Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2010 06:55AM by RavenSoft.
Anonymous User
March 09, 2010 03:08AM
Now the computer is inoperable. Virus. All it does is go through what resembles a restart but it never actually shuts down. Can't even use the arrow keys in bios to select safe mode after hard reboot. Can't say it's from peerblock but I can say that after attempting to use peer block after 1 restart my computer was infected. I also scanned the peerblock download with AVG so I highly doubt it has anything to do with peerblock.
March 09, 2010 03:40AM
If your using a USB keyboard it might not be able to get into Safe Mode. Try a using a PS/2 keyboard.

This business is binary. You're either a one or a zero.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login