Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Firefox 3.6

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Firefox 3.6
March 18, 2010 09:41AM
Firefox 3.6 will not load while Peer Block is active. Even if you disable PB or allow HTTP, Firefox will still not start unless you exit PB completey. Firefox says it cannot connect to a server yet if your run IE it work fine. Is there a way to sort this please?
Thanks
Re: Firefox 3.6
March 18, 2010 11:48AM
Can you try the resolution in this thread?

[forums.peerblock.com]

Can you see the IPs being blocked in PeerBlock when starting Firefox? It might be an addon causing it.

Also, can you set the IE homepage to the page Firefox uses when it starts up?

And what version of PeerBlock and OS.
Anonymous User
March 18, 2010 08:22PM
Hi. My version of PB is 1.0 r181 and my OS is Win XP Home Edition SP3. I removed the blocklist that has the BOGON in it and all the my blocking ip's have dropped, the removal of the Bogon list has worked.

Also, while using P2P software and PB can you perform other tasks such as play games whilst downloading? Obviously, with HTTP blocked you cannot access the internet. I had my PC on Ares nearly 6 hours today and I just goth the same blocks from ip's such as Comcast, Roadrunner, Microsoft.... you know.... the usual suspects. So I guess as long as PB blocks there is nothing to worry about.

I also test PB at certain points by pinging an ip such as 3.0.0.0 on the cmd window just to make sure PB is still working. I think that to be on P2P and using PB for six hours solid is important to make sure it is still blocking.
March 19, 2010 04:04AM
You can perform anything whilst using PB but it may block some IPs so you have to allow it.

Also, it depends on how you configure the P2P software.
Anonymous User
March 19, 2010 06:32PM
Everything is set to keep them bad arses out. No stone is left unturned. You cant be too careful
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login