Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Windows 7 crash on resume from standby

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Windows 7 crash on resume from standby
March 18, 2010 02:04PM
On nearly every resume from standby (S3), Windows 7 x64 will do a hard reboot, usually before I can even type my resume password. For the longest time I thought it was an issue with my motherboard's standby functionality, but nothing I did fixed it. Finally, I uninstalled PeerBlock, and it no longer restarts on resume. Culprit found (I believe). Merely closing PeerBlock before going into standby did not change anything, which leads me to believe it's the driver.

I've tried both the stable 1.0 and the latest (r320) release, with the same results. I'm willing to test debug/alpha versions to try and fix this, as it's really annoying having my computer restart every time I resume. I'm not entirely sure it produces a log entry in PeerBlock when it crashes, but if there's one that might help, just let me know.

Computer Specs:
EVGA X58 motherboard
Core i7-920 CPU
6GB DDR3-1600 RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Re: Windows 7 crash on resume from standby
March 18, 2010 03:40PM
could you post your PB log and .conf files and any dmp. files too from both PB and Windows, thanks.

Life is like a box of chocolates................................umm chocolate, yummy grinning smiley
Anonymous User
March 18, 2010 07:34PM
Yeah, I'll get those to you the next time it happens. I had to uninstall PeerBlock so it wouldn't keep losing my work on standby, so I'll reinstall it and put it into standby tonight.

I will note that it won't happen if I put it in standby and then take it right out. It has to be over an extended period of time (half a day, perhaps?).

Also, my memory.dmp file is rather large--about 350MB. Not sure where I'll put that.
March 19, 2010 04:01AM
There should be a peerblock.dmp in the same folder where the peerblock.exe is.
March 19, 2010 08:23AM
just remember when you re-create this issue to zip and attach your PB log, .conf, and dmp. files here, thanks and good luck.

with that information our devs should hopefully be able to either find a solution or workaround.

Life is like a box of chocolates................................umm chocolate, yummy grinning smiley
Anonymous User
March 21, 2010 09:07PM
Okay, here is a zip from yesterday's crash on resume: [temp.endlessrealities.com]

The system had been in S3 standby for about 12 hours. Started it up, got the resume password screen, and then a hard reset. There were no dump files from peerblock, just the memory.dmp file from windows. The log shows nothing either, but I posted the relevant before and after anyway.

I'll upload more as it happens again.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login