Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hi

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Hi
March 21, 2010 06:15PM
I'm new here i just had a quick question sorry if this is the right section, but since i had PB on it keeps blocking something called "road runner RRWE" i use road runner and i was wondering if i should be concern? Does anybody know what this is?

TY
Re: Hi
March 21, 2010 06:48PM
RRWE stands for Road Runner West....but I'm curious to know the IP address to see which list contains it.

Let me know.

This business is binary. You're either a one or a zero.
Anonymous User
March 24, 2010 02:33AM
I've started getting the same hit recently, it spooked me enough that I stopped Torrenting until I now what is going on....already got a letter, don't want another one!
Anonymous User
March 24, 2010 11:53PM
Started getting it as well, along with Time Warner Telcom...odd because I don't use Time Warner or Road Runner service....

Road Runner RRWE - coming from multiple IPs

Any info updates appreciated

thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2010 11:58PM by di0p.
Anonymous User
March 25, 2010 06:51PM
Same has been happening for me, Ive been getting awkward hits,

Xerox reserch,
brittish @#$%& gov depo
A Tee and god damn tee.
March 25, 2010 10:11PM
You search the IP address and which lists contain them here -> [iblocklist.com]

Also check which port the IP address is attempting to use. Could be a known port (such as email, http, etc).

Anonymous User
March 27, 2010 03:11PM
The IP address listed as the "source" for me (and I suspect you as well) is your own IP address, I bet if you go to whatismyip.com you will see that 72.130.xxx.xx is your IP from Time Warner. For me the source is always my IP on port 1901 and the Destination is always 239.255.255.250 on port 1900. I think it may have to do with UPnP being enabled on our routers as those ports (from what I understand) have to do with just that issue. I am concerned either way. Are they monitoring us? I can confirm that this only happens while Actively downloading on a Torrent, if you have your Torrent Client open with no actives (even if they are paused or stopped) you will not get hit. Also I run through an SSHTunnel service which should negate direct connections with the other Peers and it still happens, which makes me think they are just fishing for all traffic on the appropriate BitTorrent ports. I don't have a good feeling about this one.....
Anonymous User
March 29, 2010 12:43AM
An update here guys, while I am not sure what Road Runner is up to, I have found a way to block this and I am no longer seeing blocked hits on my Peer Block from Road Runner RRWE. First I tried disabling UPnP (which I cannot do with my router) so I did it in Windows only, but still got the hits. I finally just blocked ports 1900 and 1901 on my Router and am no longer getting these hits. From what I understand this has to do with UPnP, once I blocked those 2 ports the hits stop. Perhaps you should do the same too.
March 29, 2010 07:32PM
239.255.255.250 is a broadcast address to announce the presence of a machine on the network. Its related to UPnP. I wouldn't recommend blocking those ports.

April 06, 2010 09:20AM
239.255.255.250 blocks are generally a sign of improper use of a Bogon or iana-reserved list.  These lists can cause all sorts of problems with you local network if you're not careful about setting up allow-ranges on top of them...  Generally speaking though, setting up the iana-multicast list as an "Allow List" should help prevent these problem from occurring, and is recommended if you're using e.g. a Bogon list.

---  Mark  ---

Lead developer of PeerBlock
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login