Anonymous User
Blue Screen on exit
March 25, 2010 02:07PM
Windows 7 x64, every time I try to exit PG or restart PC with PG still in tray I get immediate BSOD. v1.0
Re: Blue Screen on exit
March 25, 2010 03:47PM
PG ?

Are you talking about PeerBlock or PeerGuardian?

If you are talking about PeerGuardian, please download and install PeerBlock, as PeerGuardian has not been updated in 2+ years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2010 03:48PM by ineedalifetoday.
Anonymous User
March 25, 2010 03:52PM
sorry meant PeerBlock
March 25, 2010 05:33PM
Can you upload your ' peerblock.conf ' and ' peerblock.txt ', they are located in the install directory of your peerblock.
Anonymous User
March 26, 2010 02:26AM
There is no .txt but there is a .log
Attachments:
open | download - peerblock.conf (4.5 KB)
open | download - peerblock.log (133.6 KB)
March 27, 2010 06:50PM
I noticed your running R181. Have you tried the latest beta R320?

Also, could you post your minidump files from the BSOD. Its located under C:\Windows\MiniDump
It could be a driver causing the crash.....

This business is binary. You're either a one or a zero.
Anonymous User
March 28, 2010 07:15AM
No minidumps get created - it just goes bang straight to BSOD. Also on restart the attached error is shown.

Same crash with latest beta version.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2010 09:23AM by noremorse.
Attachments:
open | download - Exception.gif (19.2 KB)
March 28, 2010 10:17AM
Hmm are you running PeerGuardian?

This business is binary. You're either a one or a zero.
March 28, 2010 11:11AM
That screenshot is of stable r181. r181 has the error messages mentioning PeerGuardian. That message has been corrected since r200 or earlier. The message implies that .conf file has become corrupted, but I'm not sure is it related to the blue screen issue.
Anonymous User
March 29, 2010 03:30PM
PeerBlock v1.0.0.320. No PeerGuardian installed but yes that error message does say PeerGuardian. It seems to run fine until I try to exit.
April 06, 2010 09:10AM
That "error parsing configuration" exception means that your peerblock.conf file got corrupted. Our Beta Release train has some stuff in it to help prevent this from happening - and saves an "last known-good config" that we can revert back to if it does happen - but for now you'll need to delete that file and re-run through the "First-time Startup Wizard" again.

Other than that, could you check to see if you're running with Driver Verifier active? That's the most common cause of PeerBlock-related BSODs right now...

---  Mark  ---

Lead developer of PeerBlock
Anonymous User
April 06, 2010 01:46PM
Completely deleted app and removed all folders reinstalled b320 and same result - BSOD.

Where is the Driver Verifier?
April 06, 2010 02:05PM
You can check your Driver Verifier settings by doing Start -> Run -> verifier.exe.  Driver Verifier should either be completely disabled, or at least not be monitoring PeerBlock's pbfilter.sys driver.  I've just updated the "Known Issues" thread to mention this as well.

---  Mark  ---

Anonymous User
April 07, 2010 07:28AM
I have checked the verifier and there is nothing enabled. Any other ideas?
April 07, 2010 07:50AM
Unless you can coax Windows into giving you a .dmp after it crashes, there's really not a whole heck of a lot we can do - that file's the only thing that would have some debugging information in it we could use. 

Out of curiosity, do you have less than 25 GB free space on your harddrive?  This Microsoft forum-post implies that low disk-space could be one reason why dump-files are not saved after an OS crash...

If you can get us that .dmp file, I'd love to take a look at it.  Without it, though, our hands are pretty much tied.

Sorry,

---  Mark  ---

Anonymous User
April 12, 2010 09:28AM
Tons of free space and no it just won't write a dmp. It pops to BSOD almost instantly and then just reboots.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login