Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PeerBlock not showing anything being blocked

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
PeerBlock not showing anything being blocked
March 26, 2010 05:05AM
I tried the test and apparently it was blocking the General Electric, or not. All I know is that cmd told me the time was out. But the status screen is just blank, so there is no way of knowing whether PeerBlock is really blocking anything or not.
Attachments:
open | download - PeerBlock.JPG (32 KB)
Re: PeerBlock not showing anything being blocked
March 26, 2010 08:58AM
Heya Hereticaster.

Could you possibly give more information about your computer such as operating system and has it worked before? Anyway, there are few workaround methods for some people that have experienced this similiar problem. Try disabling and then enabling your PeerBlock again. Have you tried by installing PeerBlock via installer and then restart your computer?
March 26, 2010 10:47AM
Are you doing anything which may have involve connecting to other computers? If not, PeerBlock will not do anything.

Also, you have HTTP allowed so you won't see any blocks when browsing the web.
Anonymous User
March 26, 2010 12:18PM
I've got WinXP Pro SP3, and I have a sort of house-net me and my brother use. However I don't have a slightest idea how that would matter to PeerBlock.

Also I only dealed with PeerGuardian in the past, but since the lists stopped updating I decided to check PeerBlock out.

P.S.: nice Firzen avatar, night_stalker_z winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2010 12:19PM by Hereticaster.
Anonymous User
March 27, 2010 05:26AM
So, any ideas on how to fix that thing?
March 27, 2010 05:41AM
Have you tried doing what I suggested? Also for some, re-installing has sometimes solved this too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2010 05:42AM by Tippy.
March 27, 2010 07:28AM
An easy way to check is to set HTTP to block, use the anti p2p list and start browsing the internet.

If you go to a site like GameSpot, you will notice half the site is missing and a whole lot of blocks with port 80 shown in PeerBlock.

Otherwise do what Tippy has suggested.

Another reason why PerBlock might not block anything is if you have a firewall and it takes the connections before PeerBlock does.
Anonymous User
March 27, 2010 11:19AM
Alright, problem solved. Thanx for the help, Tippy. Disabling and then enabling it again helped. Sorry for the fuss, must have been drunk or tripping, because I didn't see your post. Happens to me sometimes.

Thanx again for the help, guys.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2010 11:23AM by Hereticaster.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login