Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Update

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Update
April 03, 2010 07:14PM
I've already read your post about "Update". I want to ask if it's correct that i've not downloaded no more updates about 1 month..?
Thanks a lot for your reply.
Re: Update
April 03, 2010 07:56PM
you need to provide more information such as what version of PeerBlock you are using and your operating system. You should be getting updates almost daily. Please provide your log and conf file so we can see what might be wrong.
Anonymous User
April 04, 2010 05:34AM
I haven't been getting any updates too.I have to delete lists from a folder and then update.I used stable ersion and had the same problem that started a month ago,now I downloaded r320 but same thing again it just says no update available.
Win 7 and now r320 version of PeerBlock

Here is the log from today

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2010 11:19AM by FREE-T.
Attachments:
open | download - New Text Document.txt (31.4 KB)
open | download - peerblock.conf (8.9 KB)
April 04, 2010 10:59AM
Again, you need to provide more information such as what version of PeerBlock you are using and your operating system. You should be getting updates almost daily. Please provide your log and conf file so we can see what might be wrong.
Anonymous User
April 04, 2010 11:23AM
I use Win 7 and now r320 version(same thing was happening with stable version) of PeerBlock.Not sure did I put the right conf file.Check it please it get's annoying to have to delete lists every day so I could update them.
April 05, 2010 01:14AM
Heya guys.

Sorry to hear you guys having this problem. Ever since iblocklist has upgraded the way it reports lists being updated, PeerBlock's current list handling has stayed behind. Right now the PeerBlock team is currently trying to upgrade list handling so that there wouldn't be issues downloading new updates.

Another bad news is that apparently none of the PeerBlock team has experienced issues downloading updated lists. I personally don't know what might be the cause why some users are experiencing this problem. What I'd suggest is that you write down all the lists that you're using -> exit PeerBlock -> delete/rename your .conf and .conf.bak file -> start PeerBlock up -> go through the "first time" setup -> re-add the lists you were using via list manager. This may not work, but at least it's worth a try.
April 06, 2010 09:34AM
As per the latest update to that List Update Frequency post, the server-changes made on iblocklist.com a week or so ago should have resolved this issue . . . we think.  Have you tried leaving PeerBlock alone for a few days to see if it is in fact now able to detect updated lists?  You can go to iblocklist.com and click on the List Description links to find out when they were last updated...

Barring that, we should have a new Beta Release out soon that should finish alleviating this problem.

---  Mark  ---

Lead developer of PeerBlock
Anonymous User
April 06, 2010 02:02PM
Hi guys,
thanks a lot for your information and for your useful interest. Today (after many and many days) Peerblock has updated all the lists. I hope that the problem has been definitively exceeded. I'll check it for a few days...

Thanks again and bye.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login