Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Possible problem here...

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Possible problem here...
May 11, 2010 09:29PM
I'm posting this because I'm not sure it is the same issue as the one that is being widely reported, where the lists aren't being updated.

I'm using latest version of PeerBlock on Win XP.

Lately I've noticed that the only list that is updating is the Hacker list. After downloading and running PB for months and months, it stopped updating any lists, except the Hacker list. This is the second time this has happened. After the first time, I uninstalled PB and redownloaded all the lists, and PB went back to downloading all lists pretty regularly. Then after a while, just the hacker list was updating again.

So I'm concerned there is a bug of some sort here. Or is this normal?

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Possible problem here...
May 11, 2010 11:18PM
If you could, please read this.

[forums.peerblock.com]

Below is a Quote from that link:

In the meantime, if you want to "force" an update you can delete all the *.list files in your C:\Progam Files\PeerBlock\lists directory (but *not* any of the *.p2p files!!), and click the Check Updates button.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2010 11:20PM by ineedalifetoday.
Anonymous User
May 11, 2010 11:24PM
Thanks, ineedalifetoday.

"This "day one bug" (present even in the old PG2 code) has since been corrected and is currently undergoing Internal Test, will make it into next Beta Release (and the next Stable Release, hopefully coming in a few weeks, for the rest of you). "

I wasn't sure if the problem had been corrected already and I was experiencing a new problem or what, since that snippet was taken from the post on March 31st.
May 12, 2010 02:06PM
Sorry, we actually haven't released a new build for about two months now. sad smiley  We're gearing up for a new Beta Release right now though - it should be out in a few days, with a new Stable Release coming out shortly thereafter if no new nasty bugs are discovered.

---  Mark  ---

Lead developer of PeerBlock
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login