Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

use with utorrent?

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
use with utorrent?
May 21, 2010 03:42PM
Are there any settings to change in utorrent for this to work in sync with it?

For example: firefox and tor ... browser settings

or: uttorent and an other proxy.. utorrent settings.

Also, is peerblock proxy based?
If it is not then how can it work well?
Re: use with utorrent?
May 21, 2010 04:13PM
If your talking about having PeerBlock and utorrent to open at the same time, its currently not possible.

PeerBlock is not proxy based.

PeerBlock is set to use a list of IP's to block ( or allow ), they can be found here [www.iblocklist.com]
fxm
May 22, 2010 01:58PM
I use PB and uT together, both right out of the box. (Note: I don't use the blocking function in uT.)
June 10, 2010 07:53AM
Hmm, sounds like bigbutt100 is looking for the ability to user different configurations for different programs.  I.e. block Ads, and Spyware for web-browsers, but block a dozen additional lists for uTorrent.  Unfortunately, no, we don't currently have this ability.  It would be a cool idea though, either having PeerBlock function as a proxy server or else including per-application blocklist-config.  I think there were a few items on our Issues List related to this, but I can find nothing that quite perfectly sums up the request.

---  Mark  ---

Lead developer of PeerBlock
Anonymous User
June 10, 2010 08:19AM
Im a total newbie noob in its finest form!! ,i download a few torrents a week via UTORRENT and use PEERBLOCK to stop people seeing what i download , on set up i clicked only P2P, basicaly what i want to know is it working or cant it not work in sync together? im kinda confused after reading this topic because it seems to be working and blocking all sorts of IPS.

Thanks.
June 10, 2010 09:13AM
Yes, PeerBlock works quite well with uTorrent.  I believe the original poster was asking if he could use one set of blocklists for uTorrent and another set of blocklists for his web-browser, which is something we don't support.  However since PeerBlock works at a system level, it's able to block your entire machine from accessing any of the IP addresses on your configured blocklists.  uTorrent, your web browser, even the OS - none of it should be able to communicate with any blocklisted IP addresses.

---  Mark  ---

Lead developer of PeerBlock
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login