Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

High CPU Utilization

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
High CPU Utilization
June 08, 2010 12:34PM
I am running PeerBlock 1.0.0.181 on Windows 7 x64. I have logging ("Show allowed connections") and archiving ("Log none") turned off. However, PeerBlock keeps consistently running at 50% CPU utilization - is this by design? Do I need to turn something else off?

Thx.
Re: High CPU Utilization
June 08, 2010 08:06PM
What kind of CPU do you have ?
June 09, 2010 03:25AM
I don't know how to answer your question, but the pace PeerBlock uses CPU is dependant on how actively your computer is performing connection and triggering various PeerBlock's routines (ie logging to file, blocking packets, logging to the interface). At least that's how I believe it is working. Is the 50% CPU usage also during the time when your computer is not doing anything (ie downloading, mmorpging)?
Anonymous User
June 12, 2010 11:04AM
OK.

1. A reboot of the PC solved the problem
2. No obvious internet activity was present during the time of high CPU
3. All PeerBlock logging was turned off, while it happened...
4. Not sure what to say at this time, since i don't have any logs/data to support my "claim"...

Thx.
June 12, 2010 12:53PM
Yeah, it's pretty much impossible to troubleshoot problems like this without seeing your log files.  Next time it happens if you could collect that info as per the Known Issues sticky, that would go a long way towards helping us look into this.

Sorry we can't be of more help, but at least the problem's gone away (for now)!

---  Mark  ---

Lead developer of PeerBlock
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login