Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

strange Permallow in List-Manager

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
strange Permallow in List-Manager
July 25, 2010 02:33PM
This is more annoying than a bug , but I wonder if it can lead to a problem or performance issue .

The List-Manager shows a strange Permallow (in yellow in the attach. pic-A) ,
although there is only the normal Permallow file in the program directory (in green in attachs. pic-A + B ) .

Viewing (in List-Manager) the contents of the strange Permallow , it is the same as the normal one .
Removing the strange Permallow from List-Manager , it shows up again after some time (not determined) .

Using PB 404 , XP SP2 , ZA 9.2.057 , active (Avira 10.0.0567 ignoring PB files , and MBAM 1.46) .

Thanks for your attention , and for all the effort devoted to this terrific tool .
Attachments:
open | download - strange Permallow in List-Manager = pic A .jpg (37.5 KB)
open | download - strange Permallow in List-Manager = pic B .jpg (22.5 KB)
open | download - strange Permallow in List-Manager = conf .txt (8.9 KB)
Re: strange Permallow in List-Manager
July 28, 2010 11:06PM
Hmm, interesting . . . we're internally referring to the same file by two different relative pathnames.  On all installs of PeerBlock I have running on various VMs, I see these Permanent Allow/Block Lists referred to solely as "lists\permallow.p2b", not as ".\lists\permallow.p2b".  When you delete the "strange one", are you deleting the "lists\" one, or the ".\lists\" one?

It could be that the .conf file got confused at some point, such that the pathnames got messed up and converted to ".\lists\" format.  Then the next time you Permanently Allow something, it's creating a "new" permallow.p2b file, which just so happens to already exist but under the path of "lists\".  Editing your peerblock.conf file to make it so that you only have references to "lists\" format pathnames for these two files may resolve this problem - that'd be my initial recommendation.

Let us know how it ends up working out!

---  Mark  ---

Lead developer of PeerBlock
fxm
July 29, 2010 04:47AM
MarkSide Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> "lists\permallow.p2b", not as
> ".\lists\permallow.p2b". 

Apologies in advance for making this half-baked comment, but I have had the same 'confusion' here - and not just with permallow.
Unfortunately I don't remember the sequence of events sad smiley sad smiley
Anonymous User
August 27, 2010 01:22AM
Editing the .conf file I found an extra entry for Permallow (without the initial dot) , which I delete .

Then I have tested both ways , and the solution was to have the two entries (Permanent Allow/Block Lists) defined in the .conf file  with the initial dot , i.e. as .\lists\permXXX.p2b ,  not as lists\permXXX.p2b

This is active for the last 15 days , without creating the extra entry in the List Manager window . Thanks .
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login