Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Uncaught exception (line 1289)

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Uncaught exception (line 1289)
July 27, 2010 07:31AM
I've been using PeerBlock 1.0+ (r404) for a few days now and it's working pretty well so far. However, when I exit PeerBlock I sometimes (I guess it's happening at every third or fourth exit) get this error message:

At the end it says: "The file or the folder is corrupted and not readable." Windows also shows a yellow triangle with this message, but the program files work like a charm when I start PeerBlock again. I've been searching the forum, but I haven't found someone with this error message. I'm using the portable version of PeerBlock on Windows 7 x64 with 6 GB RAM. What could be the problem?

EDIT:
I attached PeerBlock.log, Peerblock.conf, Peerblock.conf.bak and Peerblock.conf.tmp (don't know if the last ones are required) to the post.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2010 10:42AM by DaKo.
Attachments:
open | download - PeerBlock.zip (53.5 KB)
Anonymous User
Re: Uncaught exception (line 1289)
July 27, 2010 10:03AM
Hi there DaKo, Welcome to the PeerBlock Forums,

Unfortunately all of the development team are offline at the moment, When they see your post on the forum, I am sure they will reply straight away. Could you also please attach your
PeerBlock.log
Peerblock.conf
and if there is one your PeerBlock.dmp file which should be in your Peerblock directory as listed in [forums.peerblock.com].

Also you could connect to our IRC channel and see if anyone is available there, #peerblock over at freenode.net.

Thanks,

Freelandr
Anonymous User
July 27, 2010 10:48AM
Thanks for your answer.
I now edited my first post and attached the files which were just created after I "provoked" a crash (I also included PeerBlock.conf.bak and PeerBlock.conf.tmp, but they seem to be identically equal to Peerblock.conf ). However, there is no PeerBlock.dmp in my PeerBlock folder. Do I have to activate an option or use a special command for starting PeerBlock.exe in order for the file to be created?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2010 10:50AM by DaKo.
July 28, 2010 11:32PM
This problem is occurring when we're in the process of saving your settings to peerblock.conf.  We first save them to peerblock.conf.tmp, then after that file has successfully been written we overwrite peerblock.conf with peerblock.conf.tmp.  The problem is, Windows is (apparently falsely) telling us that this file is corrupted.

I found a post on the Microsoft forums which sounds like it could be similar.  Could you try acquiring and installing the hotfix referenced in that thread (KB 928927)?

Hopefully that will help,

---  Mark ---

Lead developer of PeerBlock
Anonymous User
July 29, 2010 04:59AM
Thanks for your answer, MarkSide. The problem described in the thread on the Microsoft forums is exactly the problem I have. I just installed the hotfix, restarted PeerBlock several times and I haven't experienced any crashes so far, so the problem seems to be solved. Keep up the good work smiling smiley!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login