Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Interim Release telling you there's a new update?

Posted by MarkSide 
Interim Release telling you there's a new update?
September 17, 2009 03:34PM
Just wanted to highlight a problem with our most recent Interim Release, r131. At least some of the packages we posted for that release appear to have been built as a Test Release instead of an Interim Release. This means that they are checking the wrong "release train" for updates, and have been detecting that new versions of our internal Test Releases are available and bringing you here to our forums site.

Affected versions of PeerBlock will display their version as "r132 - TEST RELEASE". If you have been receiving these bogus update notifications, we will be releasing a new Interim Release tonight (Thursday, 9/17/09, Eastern Time (US)) so please check either our Dev Blog or else the "Announcements" forum here for a pointer to this new release. I will ensure that this release is correctly built as an Interim Release, so that this problem doesn't come up again.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience.

---  Mark  ---

Lead developer of PeerBlock
Re: Interim Release telling you there's a new update?
September 17, 2009 05:12PM
Will this release include a signed driver?
September 17, 2009 05:36PM
Yes, tonight's planned Interim Release will include a signed-driver! This will be a "PeerBlock 1.0 Release Candidate", although we may post one more Release Candidate prior to releasing an official PeerBlock 1.0 "Public Release" on the main www.peerblock.com site.

---  Mark  ---

September 17, 2009 05:54PM
Sweet!
September 17, 2009 05:58PM
I can live with that!!!
September 17, 2009 08:03PM
OMG :O

very good news grinning smiley

""""we will be releasing a new Interim Release tonight (Thursday, 9/17/09, Eastern Time (US))""""

But... I want to know the hour tongue sticking out smiley
September 17, 2009 08:48PM
Nope in-determinant can't tell its based on progress and how much time the devs need to get things done vs how much time they can devote on the problems at hand...
Anonymous User
September 20, 2009 02:57AM
Umm what happened release or not?
September 20, 2009 03:35AM
Oh, sorry, I posted to the Announcements forum and didn't think to update this thread as well. Yes, we did in fact release that PeerBlock r162 Interim Release, signed-driver and all!

---  Mark  ---

Anonymous User
September 20, 2009 11:15PM
Super, I'd actually found it, installed it and its working well for me. Many thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login