Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Peerblock on Tiny7 Anyone?

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Peerblock on Tiny7 Anyone?
September 06, 2010 01:21AM
I cannot seem to get the Peerblock installation to stick when I install in Tiny7. After the installation it is running, and works, but if I shut it down it vanishes and I have to re-install to run it again. Sometimes I get error messages (no, I don't remember them - sorry) and sometimes not.

Has anyone had success running Peerblock comfortably in Tiny7?

Andrew
Re: Peerblock on Tiny7 Anyone?
September 06, 2010 02:19AM
If you could please upload your " peerblock.log " C:\Program Files\PeerBlock " ( its a little text document with the notepad icon ) as this will provide more information.
Anonymous User
September 06, 2010 02:52AM
Nope, there is no such file. Search turned up nothing ..
September 06, 2010 03:02AM
It could be because your running Tiny7 which has some stuff removed. Could you try on a standard install of Win7?
Anonymous User
September 06, 2010 11:59AM
night_stalker_z Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It could be because your running Tiny7 which has
> some stuff removed. Could you try on a standard
> install of Win7?

It's pretty likely this is the issue all right. I'm hoping to connect with someone who is using Peerblock with Tiny7, who has had this issue and sorted it out. Often there are fixes for such things to get them running in Tiny7. Usually it comes down to DL'ing some file and placing it in the Windows folder.

Thanks night_stalker-z .. appreciate your input ..

FWIW, I'm not doing this to save money. I use T7 because it has a tiny footprint in every respect (on disk, in memory), and as such it loads and runs fast. It's ideal for SSD or USB drive installs. A 1-GByte OS images, mirrors, backs up, and installs really quickly compared to the ridiculous bloatware of Win7.
September 06, 2010 12:11PM
This is the file I am talking about ( highlighted in red ) ... Go into the folder... don't do a search...

Anonymous User
September 06, 2010 02:03PM
Thanks "ineedalifetoday" but the folder didn't exist. I appreciate your efforts, but the thing wasn't leaving a trace.

I solved this today by installing the beta which went in slick as a whistle. Things are working fine now.
September 06, 2010 04:05PM
Are you sure you didn't install Peer Guardian the first time round or running a portable version?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login