Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Peer Block Unable to load the packet filtering driver.

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Peer Block Unable to load the packet filtering driver.
October 20, 2010 03:04PM
Today I updated one of my block list files from Blue Tack's Block List Manager. When I went to reload the Peer Block program I got the following Error Message: "Peer Block unable to load the packet filtering driver." The error was listed as:

Class Win32_error
CreateService
The specified service has been marked for deletion.

Before I attempt to restore to a previous session or uninstall the peer block software, do you know how to fix this error?

Operating System = Windows XPSP3
1.2 Gb Ram

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2010 03:10PM by claypigeon723.
Anonymous User

October 22, 2010 07:47PM
Does it start working again after a reboot?
Re: Peer Block Unable to load the packet filtering driver.
October 22, 2010 10:26PM
Are you running the Stable Release (1.0, r181)?  I think this was a bug we've fixed in the Beta Release train, which should be released as a new Stable Release in a week or so...  (Although, yes, as Aaron.Walkhouse mentioned, a reboot will be required to clear Windows of this driver error before PeerBlock will be able to be restarted.)

---  Mark  ---

Lead developer of PeerBlock

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2010 10:27PM by MarkSide.
Anonymous User
Re: Peer Block Unable to load the packet filtering driver.
October 27, 2010 06:04AM
Hope this is appropriate, jumping into anothers thread, but a similar problem has occurred on my pc.

Following a reboot, I got this message:-

PeerBlock is unable to load packet filtering driver.
This is likely the result of some strange bug. Please repport this effor, including all the information that
follows, ETC.

class win32_error
OpenService
The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

I have rebooted again, uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled and still get the same message.
I am running XPsp3, and until now have had PB running with no probs for about 6 months. It is PB1 r404. help please I feel vulnerable.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login