Anonymous User
Peer Block Unable to load the packet filtering driver.
October 20, 2010 03:04PM
Today I updated one of my block list files from Blue Tack's Block List Manager. When I went to reload the Peer Block program I got the following Error Message: "Peer Block unable to load the packet filtering driver." The error was listed as:

Class Win32_error
CreateService
The specified service has been marked for deletion.

Before I attempt to restore to a previous session or uninstall the peer block software, do you know how to fix this error?

Operating System = Windows XPSP3
1.2 Gb Ram

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2010 03:10PM by claypigeon723.
Anonymous User

October 22, 2010 07:47PM
Does it start working again after a reboot?
Re: Peer Block Unable to load the packet filtering driver.
October 22, 2010 10:26PM
Are you running the Stable Release (1.0, r181)?  I think this was a bug we've fixed in the Beta Release train, which should be released as a new Stable Release in a week or so...  (Although, yes, as Aaron.Walkhouse mentioned, a reboot will be required to clear Windows of this driver error before PeerBlock will be able to be restarted.)

---  Mark  ---

Lead developer of PeerBlock

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2010 10:27PM by MarkSide.
Anonymous User
Re: Peer Block Unable to load the packet filtering driver.
October 27, 2010 06:04AM
Hope this is appropriate, jumping into anothers thread, but a similar problem has occurred on my pc.

Following a reboot, I got this message:-

PeerBlock is unable to load packet filtering driver.
This is likely the result of some strange bug. Please repport this effor, including all the information that
follows, ETC.

class win32_error
OpenService
The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

I have rebooted again, uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled and still get the same message.
I am running XPsp3, and until now have had PB running with no probs for about 6 months. It is PB1 r404. help please I feel vulnerable.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login