Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"error contacting URL" message when updating lists

Posted by RS 
RS
"error contacting URL" message when updating lists
January 11, 2011 11:04AM
i recently changed some settings on my modem and vonage phone box to allow for port forwarding, namely i disabled the DHCP server function on both and created a static IP address for the box and my PC. ever since i have been having trouble updating my lists. at first peerblock was running but would hang temporarily when i initiated an update, then would continue working after the updates failed. i un-installed peerblock and deleted all list caches and re-installed the same and newest stable version and now when i try to update i get the error message "error contacting URL"for lists though it seems to connect well still with peerblock.com.

strangely, i cannot connect to the iblocklist website via interent explorer either. i don't believe this is a result of my antivirus as i haven't recently changed any settings in it? would really like to fix this problem but couldn't find any relevant info in the forum. hope someone can help?

thanks

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2011 01:25PM by RS.
Re: "error contacting URL" message when updating lists
January 11, 2011 03:41PM
Please try updating PeerBlock lists again. ( Tell us if it works or not )

The I-Blocklist website [www.iblocklist.com] ( the site that PeerBlock uses to update lists ) was experiencing technical difficulties from the ISP.

This issue has been fixed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2011 03:41PM by ineedalifetoday.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 33
Record Number of Guests: 215 on November 08, 2012