Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Want to DL peerblock but unsure.. need help plz

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Want to DL peerblock but unsure.. need help plz
March 07, 2011 11:14PM
i want to use peerblock because I DL from utorrent and want to be a little safer but I am afraid it will mess up my internet experience or my antivirus.. I have norton internet security 2011 cuz it came with the Pc but plan to switch to a free AV in 37 days after trial is done.. i have been reading posts on the peerblock website and just kinda scared me.. i dont want it to mess up anything i personally cant fix..Im somewhat capable of troubleshooting but would just like some feedback on suggestions on it and if it really is that easy to use.. thanks guys
Re: Want to DL peerblock but unsure.. need help plz
March 07, 2011 11:43PM
PeerBlock is easy to use. We have a user guide that explains various things - [www.peerblock.com]

We also have a FAQ - [www.peerblock.com]

We also have some troubleshooting threads - [forums.peerblock.com] and [forums.peerblock.com]

PeerBlock might mess with your internet experience, but you can always Allow HTTP when surfing the web, and Block HTTP when not surfing the web. I do not know of anyway that PeerBlock can interfere with your anti-virus.
Anonymous User
March 08, 2011 08:38AM
I've never had a conflict with peerblock and my a/v. It works like a charm. Plus when using the most trusted IP blocker there is you can feel a lot safer downloading torrents.
ps: don't go with a freebe a/v when you switch over (I'd do it now) but @ pirate bay you can get AVG pro licensed till 2018 but use peerblock so china doesn't know what your doing...lol
pps: you mean you use utorrent as your client.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2011 08:39AM by cutter1.
Anonymous User
March 08, 2011 10:09AM
Ok thanks alot guys.. I got peerblock last night and everything seems to be working fine.. so far so good.. and right its my client.. lol.. @cutter.. i will definitely look into AVG on the bay.. appreciate the feedback and look forward to feelin alot safer..
March 08, 2011 02:15PM
Heya guys.

Not to burst your bubbles or anything, but the way commercial antivirus product work these days, your AV has to connect to the internet to download the latest virus definition from the product's own server. The server always should have some sort of license/key check before they allow the download. If by some luck they do allow you to download the latest virus definition, ask yourself are they capable of protecting your machine from virus threats.

Anyway, if you're using Vista or 7, I recommend Microsoft Security Essentials. It is free, as long as you don't become a big money company (license is free for small businesses and below users/machines).

Also a note, we do not condone breaking the law of your current country.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2011 02:40PM by Tippy.
Anonymous User
March 08, 2011 08:15PM
Thanks for the suggestion Tippy... I will look into MS essentials also.. not really tryin to mess around with my AV software and worry about whether or not it will update properly..
Anonymous User
July 26, 2011 02:48PM
Not sure if I trust this software.I use it to block when I'm using the pirate bay.While the program was up and running,I downloaded the movie rio.Today I got an email from Verizon about copyright violations.I thought this program was to stop that?!?
July 26, 2011 02:58PM
@ Kerpy

PeerBlock does not support copyright infringement - [www.peerblock.com]

Please read this - [forums.peerblock.com]
Anonymous User
July 26, 2011 03:06PM
Thank you for the info!Lesson learned the hard way!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login