Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hotkey to Toggle HTTP

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Hotkey to Toggle HTTP
September 09, 2011 06:54AM
The one feature I'm missing is a user defined hotkey to toggle HTTP. Enabling and disabling HTTP is the function that I use most (quite often, every day) in PeerBlock. I prefer it to adding an exception for a certain site because it works INSTANTLY (whereas adding an exception takes quite some time for PeerBlock to load it). Moving the mouse to the PeerBlock icon in the systray and then up to the "Allow HTTP" command is quite awkward.

Regards
Anonymous User
Re: Hotkey to Toggle HTTP
October 01, 2011 11:27AM
The Blocked Eye Peas Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The one feature I'm missing is a user defined
> hotkey to toggle HTTP. Enabling and disabling HTTP
> is the function that I use most (quite often,
> every day) in PeerBlock. I prefer it to adding an
> exception for a certain site because it works
> INSTANTLY (whereas adding an exception takes quite
> some time for PeerBlock to load it). Moving the
> mouse to the PeerBlock icon in the systray and
> then up to the "Allow HTTP" command is quite
> awkward.
>
> Regards

Agreed. This is the exact reason I came here today and registered for the forums. I an a relatively new user of PB (last 3 months) and I love it. My issue is the same tho, I am constantly "allowing HTTP for 15 mins, 60 mins..." depending on what I am doing. A hot key would be very useful, I was also thinking a simple Windows gadget to allow/disallow HTTP could be good too. Obviously more involved then just setting a hot key pref but the impetus for it is the same as the original posters issue. Easier access to flip HTTP on and off.
Anonymous User
Re: Hotkey to Toggle HTTP
January 08, 2012 08:35AM
For those who (like me) really need such a hotkey, there is a workaround (that I discovered only yesterday) if they use PowerPro:

In PowerPro open the "Key/Mouse" tab. Click on "New". In the "Type key" field enter the hotkey combination that you want to use to toggle the "Allow HTTP" command in PeerBlock.

Leave the first long field named "Blank for all windows..." empty.

In the next field, named "Enter command...", pick the "*TrayIcon"-command from the dropdown arrow on the right.

In the next field, named "Tray icon action:", pick the "Right"-command from the dropdown arrow (this simulates the right click on the PeerBlock tray icon).

In the next field below, called "Enter window...", click on the symbol to the right and then on "Add new tray icon info...". Follow the messages that appear by clicking them OK, until you are asked to enter a name for your tray icon (e.g. "PeerBlock").

Now comes the shrewd part:

In the big field at the bottom named "Enter more commands..." enter this command (with the asterisk preceding):

*Keys {up}{up}{up}{up}{up}{up}{up}{up}{up}{enter}

The nine {up} commands simulate the nine steps of the mouse in the rightclick menu of the PeerBlock tray icon, up to the "Allow HTTP"-command.

So, if you happen to have a PeerBlock version where the "Allow HTTP"-command is perhaps in a different position, you have to adjust the number of the {up}s. Also, if you would like to toggle the "Allow HTTP for 15 minutes" (position eight, counted from below) or the "Allow for 60 minutes" (position seven), you have to adjust the number of the {up}s accordingly. Of course you can also create several different hotkeys to pick those different commands.

Works perfectly here.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login