Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PeerBlock for Iphones, Blackberries and others

Posted by Archenemy 
PeerBlock for Iphones, Blackberries and others
February 19, 2012 07:43AM
With the revelation google and the known spying by Microsoft and Apple how about creating a PerrBlock version for Phones and other peripheral wifi and internet gadgets like, Ipads, Blackberries, Samsung phones and any phone that has internet connection.

Even a GPS blocker.

Just an Idea.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2012 07:44AM by Archenemy.
Re: PeerBlock for Iphones, Blackberries and others
February 19, 2012 08:25AM
Hi there, some of these have already been brought up.

Just "star" the issue on the Google code page. You can also create other "issues" for your other devices.

For OS X - [code.google.com]

For Linux - [code.google.com]

For Blackberry - [code.google.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2012 08:26AM by ineedalifetoday.
February 27, 2012 10:23AM
Hmm.
I use PB for torrents.

Can I run torrents on my phone? Nope.
If I want to block stuff on the net I use flashblock + adblock + ghostery.

Those who do not remember the pasta are doomed to reheat it.
March 06, 2012 09:43AM
you can download movies and movie torrents for your blackberry, iphone and other phones and tablets, directly to your phone or tab.

I usually use peer block for torrents but I have found it useful to block all sorts of other govts, schools, and businesses just from looking into my computer and tracking my Internet movement. Or using Microsoft programing in Windows XP, Vista and 7 to send them data from my computer especially when online browsing or checking email.

I wil often sit an watch the peerblock and see what is being blocked. I am amazed at some of the groups who are using back door programs microsoft has placed in windows just so they can check your system and update. that is why I turn off and firewall my windows update. It is not just MS that is usig it to get info it is hackers and others as well.

I also use adblock on firefox browser

I will check on flashblock and ghostery.

thanks for those tips.

some sort of mobile application that is small enough to help block out hackers, smacker, spammers and even the programs in our phones and tabs so they can't get info one us. Even to block my GPS movement. I am not a criminal but where I go is my business. It is bad enough they can see with in a mile of where you are by the tower you ping through as you travel about the world. Your GPS device in your phone pings automatically every 15 to 30 minutes and there is no control over that by the user. Even if you don't use your GPS your phone still does it.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2012 10:20AM by Archenemy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login