Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Two Ideas: Display Process & Allow All

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Two Ideas: Display Process & Allow All
October 16, 2012 02:40PM
Hey all.

Forgive me if these have already been suggested, but I didn't see them mentioned in the last year of suggestions, so here goes:

I've been using Peerblock for close to a year now, and there are two features that I keep finding myself needing that I believe would be very useful and easy to add to the program.

First, I'd like to see the process/service/executable that made the IP request listed in the log, so that way I can nail down which program just tried to connect to [insert blocked service here]. This would save a lot of headaches both for troubleshooting, and for alllowing known safe programs to continue. (i.e. Allow all connections initiated by Steam, etc.)

Second, I often find myself having to manually unblock one IP address at a time, or go digging in my various block lists to find the IP sets to unblock. (Valve Corporation IP addresses come to mind here). It would be nice to add an option to the context menu on the log that allows unblocking of the entire IP range that IP address is part of, instead of just the single address or having to dig through the lists. (i.e. "Valve Corporation 196.27.35.11" [not an actual IP] gets blocked, have the option to unblock "Valve Corporation 196.27.35.1 to 196.27.36.255" - the entire subset for that entry on the block list.)

I hope others would find these features as useful as I would, I look forward to seeing these changes implemented in the future.

Thanks!
~Shino
Anonymous User
Re: Two Ideas: Display Process & Allow All
October 31, 2012 09:48AM
Yes I agree because I have a simmilair problem. a list I added includes the facebook IP addressrange which means I have to allow HTTP or go through the trouble of creating a list just for the facebook address range
Anonymous User
June 09, 2013 12:52PM
I too would love to see these ideas implemented. I occasionally see blocked traffic originating from my machine and I'd like to know what exactly is trying to call home.
Anonymous User
February 20, 2015 09:37PM
Providing the process is the final piece of info needed to permanently solve the problem.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login