Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Copyright Alert System

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Copyright Alert System
March 01, 2013 01:59AM
Well, there's a new thing that just started (Feb. 26th, '13) called the Copyright Alert System. [en.wikipedia.org] My understanding is that this system only detects uploaders/seeders of files, but does not detect downloaders/leechers. They will not sue or fine you, but they will give a consecutive six notices, each one slowing your internet down for 2-3 days, you might have to pay a $35 fee, or might have to complete education something. I was just wondering if the Peerblocker has a specific list, or if the Peerblock can block from getting triggered by the CAS.

Other ways I have read about to block from being detected are setting up a VPN or a proxie; there's also the option to go to a wifi place to upload to avoid detection b/c public wifi is exempt from the CAS.
Anonymous User
Re: Copyright Alert System
March 04, 2013 03:44AM
Not every VPN, certainly NOT Hidemyass. Use vpn which doesn't log your IP - no logging VPN. If possible, choose non-u.s. VPN providers that are not subjected to u.s. regulation.
March 08, 2013 06:37PM
There is an option for No Log VPN here in USA its [www.privateinternetaccess.com]
Anonymous User
March 09, 2013 11:37PM
Good article on no logging VPN Jessica.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login