Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sound-notification on blocking

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Sound-notification on blocking
December 17, 2013 07:42PM
Hello

I am using PeerBlock 1.1+ (r677) on Windows XP SP3 (32 Bit).
Wonderful program, thanks a lot!

I wonder if it would be possible to set a sound notification when blocking occurs.
At the moment with the actual beta there is at least a notification window ("Display notification window") which doesn't work!

Even a notification window would be much better then before, when I often dismissed the blocking and wondered why a webpage was not loaded smiling smiley
But nothing appears on my system, when a IP is blocked.

Thank you

frank

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2013 03:33PM by franc.
Anonymous User
Re: Sound-notification on blocking
February 20, 2014 04:26PM
I compiled a version with a 50 ms Beep if an IP is blocked.
This version (Release) is attached, a zip with 2 files (because of the size limit of attachments in this forum).

I compiled with Visual Studio 2010 and I used the code from rev696 (version 1.3) because after 696 there are changes that are breaking the compatibility with VS2010 and only 2012 is needed then, which I havent (running still XP the last months).

So I tried also to do some Balloon ToolTip but I didn't get it working. Beside there is some prepared code (around IDC_NOTIFYWINDOW) which I don't want to touch. I guess this will be soon the better notfication when this code is ready and working.
I am a VS beginner and never did big projects, so I have not the skills to introduce big features here.
I just look around in the code how it is done and copy some other things into it.
So with the BeepOnBlock, first I tried to do a setting for it, using the already prepared IDC_NOTIFYWINDOW but then I noticed that this is already in several parts of the code integrated, so I mixed too much up with it.
So I hardcoded the beep if there is some Blink on Block, which by the way I extended to 30 seconds (6 is too short!).

frank
Attachments:
open | download - peerblock.zip (443.6 KB)
open | download - peerblock.z01 (500 KB)
February 21, 2014 02:19AM
Zip files will not extract correctly. Damaged format

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2014 02:25AM by RobrPatty.
fxm
February 21, 2014 04:15AM
RobrPatty Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Zip files will not extract correctly.

Did you concatenate before trying to extract?
fxm
February 21, 2014 04:18AM
franc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> a zip with 2
> files (because of the size limit of attachments in
> this forum).

It would be better to upload the entire file to a free storage service.
That way you only need to post a link here.
Anonymous User
February 21, 2014 05:53AM
Strange thing. I did the zip-file split with totalcmd and it still works with these files, but not in the Windows Explorer. I have to srcutinize this...
Anyway, here the one file zip uploaded to an uploader:

[www.file-upload.net]

If the person who started this IDC_NOTIFYWINDOW code (not activated and finished yet) could please contact me?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login