Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

List the process along with IP/Port that was blocked

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
List the process along with IP/Port that was blocked
February 20, 2015 09:25PM
PeerBlock is blocking outgoing requests to a server in China. I can't determine the process on my system that is initiating the communication (I shut all apps down, closed other processes via TaskMgr, and uninstalled just about everything else). The only remaining option is to wipe & reload Windows.

If providing the associated process info causes too much overhead, can you offer it as an option that can be temporarily enabled to track down the source process?

Thanks!
Re: List the process along with IP/Port that was blocked
February 21, 2015 08:39AM
I'd try TCPView to see what's going on. I can't promise that feature will be added to PeerBlock, but at least with external programs it can be done right now.
September 26, 2015 12:00AM
I've been blocking most of the net now with peerblock. I've found a number of new software products produced in Asia and Southeast Asia default to a server farm in Hong Kong and sometimes Shanghai. Usually they are just autochecking for updates, but the update checking can't be turned off in software from that area (go figure).

If you haven't already checked this, check your install list of programs during that time period and just before. You may have a new or updated software from that region.
October 05, 2015 06:55AM
adding the process would be great.

Is PeerBlock still being developed? Maybe a kickstarter campaign would get things rolling again.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login