Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Middle Click To "Allow HTTP"

Posted by pepanee 
Middle Click To "Allow HTTP"
October 12, 2015 03:11AM
Hello, I tend to go to websites that I need to use (for example Hotmail.com), yet sometimes some list that get updated through PeerBlock blocks the HTTP formatting of that website and the page is shown up all weird and messed up. The links to emails don't even work in the inbox. So when I Allow HTTP and reload the page, the page shows itself correctly. It gets a little inconvenient to be right clicking the PeerBlock icon and pressing "Allow HTTP for 15 minutes" or "60 minutes" and stuff.
1) I don't really want to add websites manually to be "allowed", since I need to find their IP number. Their IP numbers can also change over time 'n all.
2) Pressing List Manager button -> and pressing the Add button lets me put a website address (instead of an IP number), but PeerBlock takes a while to load when it starts up by looking at the websites thinking that they're lists?

So I am wondering if it's possible to implement a little feature that when you put the mouse over the PeerBlock TaskBar icon & you press down on the scroll button on your mouse (mine can be pressed down and it would click) it would set the "Allow HTTP" option (and turn the icon yellow). Pressing the button again disables HTTP (and turns the icon blue).

Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2015 07:27AM by pepanee.
Re: Middle Click To "Allow HTTP"
October 12, 2015 02:49PM
pepanee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> 2) Pressing List Manager button -> and pressing
> the Add button lets me put a website address
> (instead of an IP number), but PeerBlock takes a
> while to load when it starts up by looking at the
> websites thinking that they're lists?

That's because you're not supposed to use that feature to allow websites but to add list subscriptions. Therefore that's intended behavior on the part of PeerBlock, but not on yours.

As for your suggestion, only the lead dev can make any binding promises regarding any new features.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2015 02:49PM by Keefa.
Re: Middle Click To "Allow HTTP"
October 12, 2015 10:36PM
Alright, it would be a nice feature since it makes things simpler. Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login