Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Allowing With/By Range

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Allowing With/By Range
January 03, 2010 12:16AM
It would be great if u guys can add for like Battle.Net servers they get blocked and unblocking each invaduel until their is none left takes forever (just an example) so it would be great if u could just right click allow this range permently. I find it annoying to unblock more then once when it's the same thing
Re: Allowing With/By Range
January 03, 2010 12:37AM
Heya Tuck.

I do agree that to play in Battle.Net servers, say BroodWar, unblocking each blocked individual IP is a not very encouraging task. That is why with courtesy of people at iblocklist.com, they have already provided a list for us in their site (link: [iblocklist.com] ). Add that list into your PeerBlock and then you're ready to go!

Regarding range unblocking. That is definitely a cool thing, but sadly I believe allowing range permanently with only clicking is very hard if not impossible. Meaning, PeerBlock would still need user's input on what range to allow. Ranges could for example vary like:
- 123.123.1.2 - 123.123.17.200 (notice the first identical bytes of 123.123.x.x),
- 123.123.18.1 - 123.123.18.254 (identical 123.123.18.x) or
- 123.1.1.5 - 123.5.10.100 (identical 123.x.x.x).
It's most likely hard for PeerBlock to determine by itself what ranges of addresses is affiliated with each other for allowing purposes.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2010 12:40AM by Tippy.
Anonymous User
January 03, 2010 01:06AM
i know that but the way it determ the range "name" it could be allowed like that it would be easier then :/
January 03, 2010 06:14AM
Hmm, yes i agree Tuck, it would be easier as a user, but unfortunately it would be very reliant upon the lists, and as we (PeerBlock) do not control any lists, it would be near impossible to actually have PeerBlock do this.

currently, you can add a certain range of IPs (say 123.123.123.0 - 123.123.123.255) by creating a custom list (an allow list in your case), there are instructions here: [www.peerblock.com]

I hope that helps!

Cheers!
January 03, 2010 10:24AM
hoodadilly gave a great tip on how you could manipulate list of IP ranges. Sure it does require bit more work than simply clicking, but at least you can set up your own custom ip ranges.

Regarding names. In this discussion (link: [forums.peerblock.com] ) ss18 provided a great insight regarding domain names.
January 11, 2010 08:14PM
Also, iblocklist.com now has a publicly-available search interface, so if you know the name a list calls these IPs you should be able to search for that name and see all the ranges (in all the lists).

---  Mark  ---

Lead developer of PeerBlock
Anonymous User
January 11, 2010 08:17PM
instead of making it a user baced problem, it would be a nice feutere winking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login