Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Request about forum

Posted by MELERIX 
Request about forum
January 13, 2010 08:37AM
could be changed to phpbb3 ?

phpbb3 is more user friendly and more better to be readed and is free ofc tongue sticking out smiley
Re: Request about forum
January 13, 2010 01:53PM
Heh, to be honest, I'd originally selected this forum software partially just to be different, and primarily because it was theoretically easily extensible with plugins and highly customizable with CSS.  Neither of those latter things have quite worked out as well as I'd have liked, sadly.  However, we will be writing our own custom web-app for the PeerBlock site soon (starting within a few months), one which will let us have one unified interface (with one set of logins, etc.) to the forums, main website, issue tracker, and some other cool stuff. 

So since we'll be needing to migrate to that soon(ish) anyways, I'd rather not migrate again.  Would hate to migrate all our posts over, and ask people to create new user accounts, just to hafta do it all again shortly afterwards.  Make sense?

---  Mark  ---

Lead developer of PeerBlock
Re: Request about forum
January 13, 2010 03:26PM
i tried, just some of the plugins weren't easily integrated, same with the templates! but we'll get it all right eventually smiling smiley

This is my Signature!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login