Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

real-time spam blacklist option

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
real-time spam blacklist option
January 17, 2010 11:47PM
Would it be possible to add in a option for "real-time blacklists" ? as a Anti-Spam option?

such as :

dnsbl.sorbs.net
slb-xlb.spamhaus.org
etc...

or something anti-mail spam?
Re: real-time spam blacklist option
January 18, 2010 08:22AM
PeerBlock currently operates on an IP-address basis, not a Domain-Name basis, so this is not really possible right now, no.  In the future if/when we add a built-in proxy server to PeerBlock though this may be a possibility.  This is Issue #93 - if you're interested in this feature you should "Star" that issue, as when we're prioritizing what to work on next we use the number of Stars an item has as an indication of how interested our user community is in something.  No guarantees of course, but we generally try to prioritize things that people care most about.

---  Mark  ---

Lead developer of PeerBlock
Anonymous User
February 18, 2010 06:31AM
That s also my most wanted feature.

RBL s like spamhaus operates on an IP basis too so i guess it can be done easly.
March 02, 2010 02:14PM
I've added this enhancement request as Issue #277.  Not promising any progress will be made on it, but with it tracked the request will at least not be completely forgotten.

Note that I'm not entirely certain as to how this all operates, so please read through that Issue and correct me if I'm misunderstanding anything.  And if you have any thoughts on specific use-cases for this sort of a feature, please make sure you chime in on the discussion.

---  Mark  ---

Lead developer of PeerBlock
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login