Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Color of tray icon (yellow is horrible)

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Color of tray icon (yellow is horrible)
February 09, 2010 01:04AM
I noticed that for beta, the tray icon is a blindly bright yellow icon. Perhaps we could put the icon color back to blue or green? Something far, far less distracting? Yellow just distracts me from doing my work every time I look at the clock i see that thing there.
Re: Color of tray icon (yellow is horrible)
February 09, 2010 08:50AM
It's only yellow when you have block HTTP off. If you put it on again, it will be blue.
Anonymous User
February 09, 2010 11:48PM
Hmm what happens if you usually use HTTP off, but are only concerned with the the non-http stuff? Yellow, why yellow... winking smiley
February 10, 2010 08:53AM
We have it yellow to distract you from browsing the web smiling smiley

It's only there so it lets users know that they have HTTP block off similar to the red icon when PeerBlock is disabled.
Anonymous User
May 19, 2010 05:27AM
Ok sorry for dragging up an old topic. Now the scenario is that Im blocking all COMMERICAL ips that are connecting to utorrent, but still wish to surf commercial websites through the webbrowser. This being the scenario I would Allow HTTP instead of blocking it, causing the Peerblock's icon to be yellow.

Would the team consider changing the color back to blue so that it's less distracting, or perhaps allow the customisation of the color of the tray icon?
May 19, 2010 05:33AM
You can Disable the Tray Icon

Settings -> Bottom Right " Next " Button -> Miscellaneous -> check the " always hide tray icon "
Anonymous User
May 19, 2010 05:37AM
Due to frequent crashes of peerblock, I need to see an icon to be certain peerblock didnt crash or exit by itself.
May 19, 2010 01:13PM
The next Beta Release of PeerBlock will include an "Advanced Option" to let you disable this yellow "warning icon", and keep the icon blue even if HTTP is Allowed.  You'll need to manually edit the peerblock.conf file, but it will be in there.

This release is coming out within a few days now (honest!), we're just trying to make sure it's as good as it can be . . . since we're hoping to release it as a new Stable Release shortly afterwards, assuming no new nasty issues are discovered in it.

---  Mark  ---

Lead developer of PeerBlock
Anonymous User
May 19, 2010 05:56PM
Man you guys are fast! Here I thought I need to argue then beg.. *g* Thanks team!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2010 05:56PM by callous.
Anonymous User
May 19, 2010 08:54PM
Hey Mark, has you or your team seen my other thread labelled "Added ip in custom list not blocked"?

I think there is possibly a major issue going on with Windows 7 and peerblock, with custom IPs added that doesnt get blocked in a reasonable period of time, that differs from the Windows XP experience.
Anonymous User
June 10, 2010 04:04AM
Ah thank you Mark and team. I liked the blue icon that i can reenable through the r404 version smiling smiley
Anonymous User
September 20, 2010 08:43AM
We can also add the black color with a white text in it. It will also be clear to view it.
Anonymous User
October 08, 2010 06:03PM
Was I the only person who liked the yellow icon? I think that yellow is a good colour to use at it is blue's compliment (at least in RGcool smiley. It would be nice to be able to modify the colour between a range of say 12 different variants but it worked for me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2010 06:06PM by Nibinear.
Anonymous User
November 23, 2010 04:13PM
I just updated to the newest stable version of Peer Block and my icon is yellow. I always allow HTTP even on the last release and my icon was blue back then. Is it supposed to be yellow now? that's all I care about is that it's protecting my system.
Anonymous User
November 23, 2010 08:02PM
Hi I agree that the new yellow icon looks bad.

I did a diff on the new and old versions of peerblock.conf the files are the same.

Where do we change the color back to blue?

0000c0

Still makes the icon yellow?
Anonymous User
November 23, 2010 10:31PM
I just changed
-WarningIconForHttpAllow-yes-/WarningIconForHttpAllow- to
-WarningIconForHttpAllow-no-/WarningIconForHttpAllow- in peerblock.conf. Worked for me

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2010 10:33PM by TheUprightMan.
November 24, 2010 01:29AM
OK what do you think of Green... It is less obtrusive colour and works well in my opinion.
Anonymous User
November 27, 2010 11:31PM
ummm hey guys why not just make the base icon white and than have RGB sliders to set what color you want it for each mode smiling smiley
November 28, 2010 01:46AM
TheUprightMan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just changed
> -WarningIconForHttpAllow-yes-/WarningIconForHttpAl
> low- to
> -WarningIconForHttpAllow-no-/WarningIconForHttpAll
> ow- in peerblock.conf. Worked for me

Nice little hack there TheUprightMan. Works well..... but you have to make sure to exit PeerBlock before making mods to conf file or it won't work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2010 01:51AM by RobrPatty.
Anonymous User
December 02, 2010 06:42AM
Colour is perfect for me
Anonymous User
December 06, 2010 10:45AM
I like the yellow. -- The user might have his monitor set to a reduced color palette, or have it set to 60hrz.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login