Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blackberry App

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Blackberry App
February 22, 2010 11:27PM
A blackberry app would be nice, for the business man on the go wanting to read their email and download their tools and software but without the mess of Maltrace or other tracing software. though a bit far fetched >.>... still would be nice XD.
Re: Blackberry App
February 23, 2010 04:12AM
Not to knock down the idea but it would very hard to filter IP addresses on a 3G network. Blackberries use IP addresses on the Wireless Network. Example: Rogers 10.169.40.189

Users with Wi-Fi enabled devices might have some issues connecting to their home router or using UMA for Voice/Emails over Wi-Fi. Also, alot of the 3rd party apps connect online for updates; such as News Feeds, Live Messenger, Facebook, WeatherNetork, BB App World. A new set of lists would need to be created and updated.

Might also conflict with the BB firewall which prompts you to allow an application to have "Trusted Status" in the Application Permissions.

Like I mentioned before its a good idea, I don't want to put you down but I don't think its ready for that platform yet. However I do recommend "Kisses - The Spyware Detector" for the Blackberry. Its free and available through BB App World.

This business is binary. You're either a one or a zero.
March 03, 2010 03:28PM
I definitely wouldn't mind looking into making a BlackBerry version of PeerBlock, once the code's in a state where any ports at all are possible. 

I've added Issue #280 to track this idea, please Star it if you're interested.  Not likely to happen anytime soon, but this way it will at least be on our radar for future possibilities.

Thanks for the suggestion,

---  Mark  ---

Lead developer of PeerBlock
Anonymous User
March 03, 2010 03:51PM
@ZeroCoolXp

Thanks I'll give that a try!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login