Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Windows Home Server Add-in?

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Windows Home Server Add-in?
March 19, 2010 12:51PM
hi i have a Windows Home Server and i like to see a PB add-in for WHS! i woud be so happy! please!
Re: Windows Home Server Add-in?
March 19, 2010 04:33PM
That's been suggested before. [code.google.com] Feel free to star it if you want to encourage its development.

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.
Anonymous User
March 26, 2010 12:04PM
I would also like to use this on a Windows Server 2008 R2 machine running NAT/DHCP/DNS. Would be great to use a single peerblock client to filter all inbound connections to my home network/lab.
April 04, 2010 02:52PM
Being a recent proud new owner of a WHS box myself, I hear ya - it would be great to have a version that can run on this (or a Server 2003/2008/2008R2 box), in full native Windows Service mode.  This will be a little while coming though, still, as we'll first need to re-design PeerBlock to run as a Service (for PeerBlock 2.0), then build a WHS "wrapper" around it.

We'll get there, though, it's just going to take some time...

---  Mark  ---

Lead developer of PeerBlock
Anonymous User
April 04, 2010 03:15PM
MarkSide Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This will be a little while coming
> though, still, as we'll first need to re-design
> PeerBlock to run as a Service (for PeerBlock 2.0),
> then build a WHS "wrapper" around it.

My question is, does it really need to run as a service? How can I make peerblock, block all incoming IP's to my network as it stands? It only seems to block ip's to individual hosts, in other words it will pass all traffic from those blocked ip's to my internal network even though it is running on the server that all traffic passes through.

For example. An internal host is downloading Fedora Core 12 Linux on uTorrent. Peerblock is running on my NAT/Gateway/Server and allows an anti-p2p ip address through the WAN Ethernet link and passes it to the LAN Ethernet link to the host. The internal host's peerblock application blocks the ip. The nat/gateway peerblock reports no blocked ip's.

Anyway we can force the traffic to pass through peerblock without making a wrapper and having it run as a service? I figured it should block the ip anyway since peerblock is listening on the WAN link and the blacklisted ip sends packets through it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2010 03:16PM by sysfailure0x5a.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login