Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

F.R.: Regenerate List Cache button

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
F.R.: Regenerate List Cache button
May 04, 2010 06:19AM
Hi there, would it be possible to add a regenerate cache list button, for when I update my spammers list that I maintain.

This is because the spammers don't get the hint that they are blocked and constantly try to access the servers, and whilst I can get the cache to regenerate by unticking the list in the list manager and closing the list manager box followed by reopening the list manager and re-ticking the box, it would be nice to just regenerate via a single click somewhere.
Re: F.R.: Regenerate List Cache button
May 04, 2010 03:44PM
The List Generation Cache is only done when the following occurs:

New list is downloaded (updates)
You Enable and/or Disable a list(s)
You remove a IP from a list
You add a IP to the list

There is really no need to add a List Generation Cache button, as its its done automatically as one of the things above is done.
Anonymous User
May 05, 2010 02:36AM
Okay, thank you for that. I couldn't see any indication that the list cache had been regenerated after I made my IP changes.
Anonymous User
May 10, 2010 05:51AM
*You remove a IP from a list
*You add a IP to the list

These aren't happening for me. I have to disable and then enable the list to get it to regenerate the cache.
May 10, 2010 09:55AM
Hmm, are you editing your lists from within the List Manager, or manually via Notepad?  If you're editing them via the List Manager "View" button, then this is definitely a bug.  If you're editing them from outside the program though, this is definitely something we'd like to improve - Issue #118 is tracking this (somewhat) if you'd like to "Star" it to throw your vote behind the issue, and receive notification as we start to work on it.

---  Mark  ---

Lead developer of PeerBlock
Anonymous User
May 11, 2010 04:42AM
MarkSide Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hmm, are you editing your lists from within the
> List Manager, or manually via Notepad?  If you're
> editing them via the List Manager "View" button,
> then this is definitely a bug.  If you're editing
> them from outside the program though, this is
> definitely something we'd like to improve - Issue
> #118 is tracking this (somewhat) if you'd like to
> "Star" it to throw your vote behind the issue, and
> receive notification as we start to work on it.
>
>         ---  Mark 
> ---

Interesting, I'm editing using notepad, well actually Notepad++.

Anyway, I find that I can more quickly get the data into Peerblock using a combination of excel and notepad++ so, I have found that if I go to the list manager, click edit on my local list, click okay and close the list manager, it regenerates the cache. That's a much better solution for me.

I'm up to 82 million blocked IP addresses via a very large list of ranges thanks to Peerblock. Content spammers are a pain in the backside. I'm currently starring the run as a service but I will star #118 too
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login