Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Time to perm allow - max/min/average

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Time to perm allow - max/min/average
October 18, 2010 09:04PM
I just got a quad core athlon 2 x4 640 for about $110 with 3 yr warranty (but only asked for one, not sure what went on there)

Anyways, I noticed the perm allow is a little faster, and it never maxes out the CPU anymore...

I would like to see a "last perm allow took x.x seconds" somewhere on the window, as well as minimum and maximum time it has ever taken.

An average would be nice as well, which would basically guesstimate how long it would take for you to perm allow something.

Side note: possible to divide lists into 16ths' or 32's to make perm allow faster?
Re: Time to perm allow - max/min/average
October 22, 2010 10:52PM
Assuming that you're talking about the required "Generate List Cache" that occurs after you permanently allow/block an IP, we do have Issue #20 logged (and discussed, a bit) to try and increase the performance of that.  To tell the truth, I think it would be a better use of development time trying to fix the root cause of the problem rather than simply apply "band-aids" around it . . . and since we'll be completely redoing our GUI for our 2.0 release using a cross-platform toolkit, I'd rather not spend any time on UI features that will need to be thrown out anyways at that point.

---  Mark  ---

Lead developer of PeerBlock
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login