Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Peerblockfix replacement for pgfix?

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Peerblockfix replacement for pgfix?
January 11, 2011 09:34AM
I don't see a tool called PBfix.exe to replace the PGfix.exe driver removal tool.
Does PGfix.exe work to remove the PeerBlock driver, in case the PeerBlock app crashes?

I only ask because during the bad old days when PeerGuardian would partially crash under certain list or IP situations, it would pop up error windows on screen which could accumulate extremely rapidly during a high frequency of inbound or outbound blocked IP events. In these circumstances, quitting the app would frequently not unload the driver.
The PGfix.exe tool did a good one-click job of killing the driver, to avoid having to restart Windows.
This was important when researching bugs which killed or disabled PeerGuardian, such as the 0.0.0.x exploit.
Re: Peerblockfix replacement for pgfix?
January 11, 2011 12:55PM
Hey, lxen. Welcome to the forum.

I, too, remember that tool. We discussed it back when PeerBlock was a young project. The lead dev, MarkSide, investigated the matter and came to the conclusion that there's no need for that tool anymore. The bugs that required that tool have already been fixed.

Good question, though! Had we not talked about it before amongst ourselves, that would've been an important point. winking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login