Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Spin off PeerPoison - Opposite of PeerBlock

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Spin off PeerPoison - Opposite of PeerBlock
January 29, 2011 01:14AM
Spin off a reverse copy of peerblock that attracts infringement letter(s) just for the purpose of wrecking whatever they are doing. Block normal people and feed a lot of B/S to illegal privacy violators. Could even put a lot of pseudo-lawyers out of business.ISP's and and anyone with an extortion letter could then get into the business of suing the *@#$%&* out of them. See my post elsewhere.

Give the rats rat poison, and get them to take it back to the nest. I think a lot of ISP's would buy it, so they can get the chimps and legal monkeys off their backs. Wont take much coding at all - just reverse what you have and warn people not to run, unless its for a honeypot operation.
Re: Spin off PeerPoison - Opposite of PeerBlock
January 29, 2011 02:57AM
PeerBlock, LLC - The company that make PeerBlock, does NOT support copyright infringement - [www.peerblock.com] - As far as I know, that is not going to change.

This "PeerPoison", who would want to run something that intentionally attracts Anti-P2P organizations. That would cause the person running it to be tied up in a legal battle, and those takes lawyers, and lawyers are expensive.

Wont take much coding at all - just reverse what you have

You might be wrong there, You have to remember, making major changes like this require extensive modifications and weeks to months of internal testing to guarantee everything is working, before a public Beta or Stable is released. The PeerBlock developers are all volunteer, and work on PeerBlock in their spare time, so something like this would take anywhere from six months or longer from my viewpoint of how things work here.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login