Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hello, and EA Origin

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Hello, and EA Origin
September 12, 2011 02:01PM
Hello I'm Quail,

Been using Peerblock for a while but just joined the forum to ask about EA's Origin program.

If you don't know Origin is a program developed by Electronic Arts to link their games together and prove your game is legal, which is fine execpt it does more. This is part of the EULA.

2. Consent to Collection and Use of Data.

You agree that EA may collect, use, store and transmit technical and related information that identifies your computer (including the Internet Protocol Address), operating system, Application usage (including but not limited to successful installation and/or removal), software, software usage and peripheral hardware, that may be gathered periodically to facilitate the provision of software updates, dynamically served content, product support and other services to you, including online services. EA may also use this information combined with personal information for marketing purposes and to improve our products and services. We may also share that data with our third party service providers in a form that does not personally identify you. IF YOU DO NOT WANT EA TO COLLECT, USE, STORE, TRANSMIT OR DISPLAY THE DATA DESCRIBED IN THIS SECTION, PLEASE DO NOT INSTALL OR USE THE APPLICATION. This and all other data provided to EA and/or collected by EA in connection with your installation and use of this Application is collected, used, stored and transmitted in accordance with EA’s Privacy Policy located at www.ea.com. To the extent that anything in this section conflicts with the terms of EA’s Privacy Policy, the terms of the Privacy Policy shall control.

This basicly means scanning your PC and selling on non identifable information to other companies. As you can imagine a lot of people don't like this, I personly don't see the difference to this and spyware.

My question is will Peer Block stop this program from scanning my PC?
Re: Hello, and EA Origin
September 12, 2011 03:44PM
Yeah if you block the right ip that's sending the information, trouble is it might be the same ip that allows you to play the game. Its a catch 22, sixes, etc....
Anonymous User
October 29, 2011 07:43AM
Hello i have a question to block origin with peerblock wich ip i must add to the filter ?
November 15, 2011 09:14PM
guess i won't be buying and/or playing any EA games online, corporate greed is rather very annoying...

Life is like a box of chocolates................................umm chocolate, yummy grinning smiley
November 16, 2011 09:02PM

Hello i have a question to block origin with peerblock wich ip i must add to the filter ?

You can use the EA list - Just grab the URL here - [www.iblocklist.com]

(Sorry for this answer being a bit late.)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login