Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Using Utorrent With A Hide My @#$%& Proxy Server

Posted by WorldTurnBlack 
Using Utorrent With A Hide My @#$%& Proxy Server
January 08, 2012 05:21PM
i have a simple question.

Utorrent allows you to use a proxy server for downloads and uploads. IF you use a proxy server from "hide my @#$%&" to download / upload along with peerblock. can you still get caught by the anti-p2p trackers?
Re: Using Utorrent With A Hide My @#$%& Proxy Server
January 09, 2012 01:15PM
If you are downloading copyrighted content (music/games/programs/movies/ tv shows/ect ...) you still have a chance of getting caught by the anti-p2p people.

PeerBlock does not support copyright infringment - [www.peerblock.com] - And cannot guarantee 100% of protection.
January 11, 2012 03:09PM
in response to moderator...

my question was not about peer-block! my question was about using an anonymous proxy from ''hide my @#$%&'' along with a popular torrent client to download content of an undisclosed nature.

will not those who are actively searching for content infringers only see a proxy server?

January 12, 2012 04:10AM
If you use ''hide my @#$%&'' then that's where you can find out.
PeerBlock might not be necessary but use it anyway to be sure.
January 12, 2012 06:59AM
January 25, 2012 05:06AM
U can use hidemyass vpn to be hidden from p2p trackers, its the only way u can be anonymous for downlaod/uploads at torrent, get here hidemyass reviews for more information about hidemyass levels of security..thnx
March 03, 2012 11:02AM
Hide my @#$%&, the last I knew narked on you for using their servers for copyright infringement. Watch you @#$%& if you plan on using hide my @#$%&. Simple as that.
April 03, 2012 12:08AM
I use utorrent frequently and thought I was pretty safe but I received a letter today from my service provider that I'm being investigated for alleged copyright infringement. Not cool. This is why I'm here now and just installed peerblock so hopefully I won't have anymore issues.
April 03, 2012 08:31PM
April 21, 2012 07:14AM
Hide My @#$%& proxy can't protect you but the HideMyAss VPN may work. Unlink proxies which only encrypt certain ports, VPN can encrypt your whole traffic. However, there are still two things you need to consider: first you need to make sure to use secure DNS (don't use Google DNS). Second, HideMyAass keeps logs so they know when you log in and out your VPN account.
July 13, 2012 06:28PM
well i had few issues with hidemyass about torrents, i told them someone use my logins and they beleived me or they just pretended . Thats on in 1000 downloads when i get complaint .Kevin thank you for your suggestion ,  i will try to set my secure dns and not use google dns . overall hidemyass gives great experince at least for me .
July 14, 2012 12:36PM
Take some additional services from your vpn to get legal softwares from hidemyass vpn reviews. This is beneficial for your server authentication.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2012 11:13AM by HangfordRuth.
June 22, 2013 09:13AM
Hidemyass will record your IP and keep it for 6 months. Who knows what else they keep. Don't just trust any VPN.
June 22, 2013 10:35PM
DarC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hide my @#$%&, the last I knew narked on you for
> using their servers for copyright infringement.
> Watch you @#$%& if you plan on using hide my @#$%&.
> Simple as that.

And Again I say this... HMA sux and are NSA approved...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 31
Record Number of Guests: 215 on November 08, 2012