Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

im getting older and getting forgetful...

Posted by brandonjm8 
im getting older and getting forgetful...
April 13, 2012 05:38PM
hey guys, being as it's been over 2 years since I first asked this i'm sure answers would have changed by now and would like to ask you people in the know (recent know cuz i am not lol) a couple questions.

1) for over 6 months now ive been seeing this "googleupdate" in my task manager every time i start up my comp, i always end the process since i have no google products (that im aware of) installed on my comp, i use firefox and i have never installed chrome and wont. the only thing i use from google is gmail, far less spam (weird tho lol being google, king of sellers of personal info). any ideas what's causing this? how can i find which program is starting this process every time i start up? ive configured through CCleaner to disable the start up of this "googleupdate" but it still sometimes appears and i have to end process.

2) i dont know if it's my comp getting old or if avast has been compromised, my comp has been getting sluggish this last year, runs great but its just not quite as fast as it was prior (comps 3 yrs 5 months old). ive done scans upon scans upon scans using avast/spybot and they all come up clean. whats a good 3rd party scanner i could use to verify avasts' results (preferably without having to install another a/v)? as of early last year avast was still very highly rated as far as their a/v goes, has that changed in the last year? avast still one of the better free a/v's out there?

thanks guys for all help and replies, forgive me for the lack of knowledge this past year, with everything else in my life and not having the time im starting to not care about my comp, its getting old but i hope its not time to start saving smiling smiley. it could use a better graphics card (nvidia g100 w/ 512 mb) i bet but i could always replace that and if im infested id just wipe the hd clean (re-format it) and/or replace it but i have alot of files i dont want to lose and i dont have a portable hd to store what i want kept and installing vista is a pain and im not paying $300 for another garbage product like win7 (im assuming here since M$ products are always buggy in an effort to keep the customer paying til they die). also am i missing some kind of protection ive overlooked, am i missing a program on my comp to help keep me clean from all attacker types? i have pctools fw, avast a/v and spybot s&d.

Life is like a box of chocolates................................umm chocolate, yummy grinning smiley
Re: im getting older and getting forgetful...
April 14, 2012 06:36AM
1) You can probably uninstall Google update or at least disable it in the scheduled tasks section which is what I done.

It probably got installed if you installed any of these products although I'm not too sure if they distribut it when downloading as individual programs: [en.wikipedia.org]

2) What kind of slowness are you experiencing?
April 15, 2012 03:38PM
thanks for the reply,

ive found where the google update came from, when i used google earth it installed google toolbar w/o my knowledge, i also found google earth files on my comp. after uninstalling then deleting them the google update is no more (according to google the google update function is to update any google product and they say the program (google update) deletes itself after a month of not updating any google products(by uninstalling and/or deleting all google products from your comp) so they say, i deleted it anyways. so the google problem has been taken care of.

now my sluggishness, my comp the last four days has been running like *explicit* @#$%&. all scans are coming clean but my civ4 game is running extremely glichty and almost unbearable, overall my comp is getting glitchy at times. one thing that came to mind that i forgot to mention is that a couple months ago i had this "internap network services" being blocked by PB, ive never seen that entry prior to that day ever and i havent added any lists in over a year. when PB started blocking that at the same time pctools fw was telling me a couple programs wanted/needed access because binaries had changed (?), i allowed it after looking at the details thinking that it was normal updating ect. i now know but i cant prove it yet that im infected, i had a bsod yesterday and my comp hung on me later that day forcing me to manually shut down the comp.

ive done memory checks, other performance checks, took my g-card out and cleaned it, did a scan of every single thing avast can scan, then did a spybot scan, then did a windows defender scan, all clean but i know somethings either in my comp or was and has done some type of damage. i need to find a 3rd party trusted a/v&a/s&a/m to verify results. ive used ccleaner to clean registries and ive gone through every single folder in both my hd's deleting everything i deemed useless but my games still glitch.

if i cant find out whats wrong im gonna have to end up wiping my hd clean losing an awful lot of data i dont want to lose mainly movies/shows/games/programs.

has avast been compromised? if i inadvertinely allowed a trojan/virus through when pctools prompted me to allow access to programs i had already gave access to when first installing pctools fw(i have since uninstalled pctools thinking its been compromised, mind as well get rid of it) i need to find the sob before my comp crashes permanently. i know comodo has some of the best fw's but they are hard/tedious to keep running blocking literally everything lol.

are there any 3rd party websites that offer anti-virus/spyware/malware scans to verify my results?

if my comp ends up being clean, any ideas of what may be causing the issue? did i do something wrong(i can further elaborate if needed if anyone thinks they know)?

was pctools fw a bad choice on my part, did i hand my comp over on a silver platter?

this sucks man, before a few months ago my comp was running great and all my games could run on high settings ect. lots of fun. this glitching crap is making me go bald lol.

probably irrelevant but i am curious, how do you take screen shots of whatever window you're looking at on your comp?(meaning if i wanted to take snap shots of my task manager what buttons do i press so i can upload my images so you all can see what processes are running on my comp and if any look fishy, im a total noob i know lol, also how do i manage my start-up tasks? ive looked last two days and i dont think i found the right page).

thanks for any and all replies.

*my comp is stalling/glitching all the time now, i'll probably end up wiping hd and reinstall windows sad smiley, installed comodo a/v and scan came up clean, if my comp aint infected then its breaking down (which i doubt, its infected somehow...)

Life is like a box of chocolates................................umm chocolate, yummy grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2012 06:35PM by brandonjm8.
April 16, 2012 04:55PM
I would disable all your antivirus programs and see if the slowness goes away after a restart.

It's usually the anti virus doing something stupid.
Anonymous User
April 20, 2012 06:40PM
Another thing you may want to do is check and see if Google has installed their plugin into your Firefox browser without you knowing. If you type "about:plugins" into the address bar, you will get a list of plugins installed into your browser. If you find a Google plugin and don't want them spying on you, you will find the plugin name that you can hunt down. All I do is go to that directory and rename it to something else such as GoogleOLD.dll. The next time you type "about:plugins" the Googler plugin will be gone.
April 27, 2012 06:42PM
night_stalker_z Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would disable all your antivirus programs and
> see if the slowness goes away after a restart.
>
> It's usually the anti virus doing something
> stupid.

uninstalled pctools fw and installed comodo firewall+

computer is running better but is still hesitant at times, not lightning quick all the time anymore

think it was some trojan/spyware but every single one of my a/v scans in my comps life has been clean, a few times spybot caught something but it was the same thing (can't remember atm, hasn't happened in a long time) all three times.

what i really need is the best free anti-all scanners to see what they come up with (unless you think my scans are accurate and whatever happened has passed) to verify or disprove my results.

i'm at a loss....it's not the usual suspects....the only thing i can think of is the possible/probable hack into my pctools fw.

i reinstalled avast, see what happens but my comp does run significantly better.

i'm thinking it could also be a hardware problem than i haven't noticed/found out yet...

April 27, 2012 06:44PM
TOF Wrote:
> Google...spying on you...

ain't that the truth...

Anonymous User
April 28, 2012 04:45PM
Have you considered trying the "Tweaking.com" repair software? Its free software that is ment to be run after contracting a virus, keyloggers etc.. It takes you through a five step process for repairing an infected system and works fairly well. You may want to perform a system backup first though because a few people have complained that it had toasted their systems. But the majority of users have had great success with it.

[majorgeeks.com]
May 09, 2012 11:40PM
TOF Wrote:
> Have you considered trying the "Tweaking.com"
> repair software? Its free software that is ment
> to be run after contracting a virus, keyloggers
> etc.. It takes you through a five step process
> for repairing an infected system and works fairly
> well. You may want to perform a system backup
> first though because a few people have complained
> that it had toasted their systems. But the
> majority of users have had great success with it.
>
> [majorgeeks.com]

well i just did it, the whole sha-bang. will post results, but i have a feeling this slow down of my comp could be hardware related, i might have to pay an expert to have them check out my comp.

May 13, 2012 12:16PM
alright i'm very sure it's a hardware problem now, another BSOD, something to do with possible corrupt memory?

here's a list of what i've done to figure this all out:

scans of every kind: avast and comodo and windows and the above link, repairing windows, check disk, defrag, disk scans, uninstalling fw and av then reinstalling, and there's probably more of what i did but i'm starting to get really mad and not care, i just want the @#$%& to work ya know.

good news is tho that if it is a corrupt hd or ram then thats possibly an easy fix.

windows solutions screen showed up after this last BSOD (third one i've had now) heres what it said:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 24
BCP1: 00000000001904AA
BCP2: FFFFFA6003F9E358
BCP3: FFFFFA6003F9DD30
BCP4: FFFFF80002C6C50B
OS Version: 6_0_6002
Service Pack: 2_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini051312-01.dmp
C:\Users\brandon\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-59966-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\brandon\AppData\Local\Temp\WER3439.tmp.version.txt

Read our privacy statement:
[go.microsoft.com]

i will attach the dmp files to be thorough in the info.

any and all help is greatly appreciated, this is not my area of expertise, thank you.

it let me attach minidmp from 4/18/12 but my comp wont let me attach today's, keeps saying i'm not the owner and i don't have permission, ive changed perm's under properties but still says same thing, ive been having these "permission" problems last two weeks but never before have i had them. so i have to copy and paste todays minidmp, nope didnt work "it" won't let me even open up the file (i hate computers). it also wont let me attach the "WER-59966-0.sysdata.xml" file either same permission problem. i'm the only one that has ever used this comp, i should have access to everything, i dont understand...

Attachments:
open | download - Mini041812-01.dmp (272 KB)
open | download - WER3439.tmp.version.txt (480 bytes)
Anonymous User
May 14, 2012 03:53PM
Those codes look like a memory problem and one of the sticks might be faulty. If you have never heard of Memtest I would download it and burn it to a CD or mount it to USB and run on an over night test. It could be a video card memory problem too if you have a high end Nvidia card or something. But I'd definitly check the RAM first as they tend to be quite a bit cheaper to replace than a video card. [www.memtest86.com]
Anonymous User
May 14, 2012 04:11PM
It looks like one of your drivers are out of date. I found a web page that is very similar to your problem and it turned out to be a wifi driver. You can check it out here [www.sevenforums.com] . If this is the case, you may find that other drivers may be out of date as well and are causing your system to be slow.
Anonymous User
May 14, 2012 04:41PM
Brandon
If you download BlueScreenView and run it, it may tell you what the offending driver is that needs to be updated.
[www.nirsoft.net]
May 24, 2012 12:25PM
thanks TOF for the suggestions, i myself am leading towards a RAM problem too, hopefully not my g-cards' (i have a nvidia g100). i'd rather upgrade to ddr3 memory first anyways so i'm hoping its my RAM sticks.

got another BSOD today, this time while i was away from my computer, heres the message i got:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1e
BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
BCP2: FFFFFA60047D3751
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
OS Version: 6_0_6002
Service Pack: 2_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini052412-02.dmp (says im not the owner so i cant attach it? WTF.)
C:\Users\brandon\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-2705416-0.sysdata.xml (this file don't exist on my comp)
C:\Users\brandon\AppData\Local\Temp\WERAC75.tmp.version.txt (this file don't exist also)

Read our privacy statement:
[go.microsoft.com]

if its the same problem as last time then it probably is a RAM problem then at least i can get that fixed.

on another problem i've been having, those permission changes and me not being able to open/attach those dmp files, why is that? how do i correct it? im the only user of this comp so i should have access to all right?

i couldn't attach anything for above reasons in paranthesis.

again thanks for all the help.

Anonymous User
May 24, 2012 07:22PM
You would have to go right click on it and take ownership of it in the advanced section. The "Trusted Installer" may still own your computer. After that you would need to give yourself full privilages as administrator. Directions on how can be found here. [answers.microsoft.com]

Can you copy and paste the dmp file to the desktop and zip it?
May 26, 2012 07:41PM
i found out how to attach them, for some reason on these minidmp files dont show my username in the permissions under security tab...added my user name then gave myself full control then viola (i created a restore point since it prompted to warn me that doing what i did could make me vulnerable?).

why do i have problems with attaching one minidmp file but not the other? i was able to attach my first dmp file from my first BSOD but not the subsequent two which lead me to do what i did to attach those files.

found out another thing, my comp's getting old lol, 99% sure its the memory in my g-card thats faulty, ive seen some unusual glitches in my civ4 game in the background graphics i.e. i saw a flickering of light on a mountain side which had a mine there, there shouldnt be any such light flickering. i think i may have somewhat fried my g-card, the fan made noise during the last two winters and i've had to take it out of the comp and put back in because for some reason windows stopped recognizing it. i was able to fix it and make it work but im pretty sure its the g-card.

since i own a micro tower that has a motherboard that doesn't support any memory above ddr2, im not going to invest in a new g-card til i "build" my new computer i guess i need now some time in the future.

let me know if those dmp files point towards faulty g-card memory, thanks again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2012 07:45PM by brandonjm8.
Attachments:
open | download - Mini052512-01.dmp (272.5 KB)
open | download - Mini052412-01.dmp (316.6 KB)
open | download - Mini052412-02.dmp (310.6 KB)
open | download - Mini052412-03.dmp (319.6 KB)
May 26, 2012 07:43PM
TOF Wrote:
>Can you copy and paste the dmp file to the desktop
> and zip it?

i have 7-zip and i know how to un-zip files but im not sure i "zip" them correctly...

last time i tried the "zipped" files were the same size as the original so....what was the point right??? file size shrinks when zipped correctly im assuming.

Anonymous User
May 27, 2012 02:13AM
I checked out all four minidump files in "BlueScreenView" and these are the offending drivers that it reports:

nwifi.sys------------7751---------Points towards either a faulty network driver or network card
athrxusb.sys------6e587--------Atheros USB network adapter
ndis.sys------------44270--------Microsoft Windows NDIS network driver system driver file

It looks as though it has something to do with your network adapter. It could be the device itself or maybe the drivers need to be updated and refreshed. I would download the latest drivers and then uninstall the network old drivers from Device Manager. I would also check if the chipset for the MOBO is the latest. Maybe that will solve the problem.
Anonymous User
May 27, 2012 09:54AM
Brandon
If you can tell me what operating system (XP, Vista, Windows 7) and what the name of the adapter is I can point you to the site where you can download the best driver for your operating system.

What we need is the name of your network adapter.
Copy and Paste "ncpa.cpl" into either your Run box or start menu to open up Network Connections.
Double click on "Wireless Network Connection"
Click on "Properties"
At the top you should be able to copy and paste the name of the network adaptor you are using here.
May 27, 2012 04:25PM
for the last year up until two days ago i've been using a BELKIN G USB adapter, which i later found out isn't compatiable with vista. i was still able to find the appropriate driver from windows to get that adapter to work properly.

now im using a LINKSYS AE2500 DUAL-BAND N USB apdapter.

i did notice that vista would tell me quite often that belkin adapter repeatedly crashed and i was prompted with the "problems/solutions" program which told me that it could not find any solutions.

ive had no problems yet with this new adapter.

im running vista 64x sp2, nvidia g100 g-card, 4 gigs ddr2 ram, 2.4ghz intel dual-core.

May 27, 2012 04:27PM
TOF Wrote:
> athrxusb.sys------6e587--------Atheros USB network
> adapter

no idea what this is.

> ndis.sys------------44270--------Microsoft Windows
> NDIS network driver system driver file

no idea what this is either.

> I would also check if the chipset
> for the MOBO is the latest.

MOBO? sorry i know some computer terms but not alot lol.

again, thanks for the help.

Anonymous User
May 27, 2012 06:05PM
What you should do is uninstall all the network drivers from device Manager as you may have conflicts with older software happening.

First download the driver from here:
(Direct Link) [homedownloads.cisco.com]
(Go to website) [homesupport.cisco.com]

Then go into Device Manager
Under Network adapters will be a list of all active drivers
Right click and select uninstall on all of them. (Vista will reinstall them cleanly upon reboot)
Check off where it says Delete the driver software for this device.
Reboot the computer
Install the software driver you downloaded for your Lynksys adapter.

(By the way MOBO is a short way of saying mother board)
Anonymous User
May 27, 2012 06:58PM
Brandon
What might take the sluggishness out of your computer is if you update all of your drivers. SlimDrivers Free is a utility that has been giving out excellent results in the reviews that I have been reading. It's completely free and you can read about it and download it from her if yoiu want to give it a try. [download.cnet.com] I'm pretty sure that this will help refresh your sluggish system and recommend that you give it a try.
May 27, 2012 07:45PM
Hey,

Indeed SlimDrivers is excellent and will help you get the latest drivers.

If you get another crash after updating all your drivers please post the minidump file again.

brandonjm8 Wrote:
> TOF Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > athrxusb.sys------6e587--------Atheros USB
> network
> > adapter
>
> no idea what this is.
>
> > ndis.sys------------44270--------Microsoft
> Windows
> > NDIS network driver system driver file
>
> no idea what this is either.
>
> > I would also check if the chipset
> > for the MOBO is the latest.
>
> MOBO? sorry i know some computer terms but not
> alot lol.
>
> again, thanks for the help.

If you google athrxusb.sys you will see lots of people having blue screen because of it.

Atheros is a network card manufacturer and looks like your network card uses their buggy @#$%& drivers.

Glad to see you switched to using a LINKSYS AE2500 DUAL-BAND N USB adapter. So should not be a problem anymore.

But I'd search your computer for this driver and delete it if found.

ndis.sys is a windows driver that comes with Windows. Basically its what provides network access, without it, no Internet.

Make sure it has not been infected with Spyware. It is in this folder: C:\Windows\System32\drivers

Find it and right click it and choose properties. Switch to the "Digital Signatures" tab and click on Details and make sure its valid.

If you click on the Details tab in properties you can see what version you have. I have 6.1.7601.17514

MOBO = MotherBoard

I hope that helps?

Will
May 27, 2012 08:02PM
Hi,

Also, here is a full report of your previous dumps.

So looks like you need to update nwifi.sys as well.

Do have a HP 802.11abg wireless LAN too in this computer. If so you should update it as well or un-install if you don't plan on using it.

By the way if you want better support than these forums, due do moderation, you can simply e-mail me.

I can be reached via war59312 at gmail dot com. If you live in the US I am even willing to talk with you via phone for free.

cya,

Will

1st:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.12.0002.633 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Will\Desktop\Mini052512-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\SYMBOLS*[msdl.microsoft.com]
Executable search path is: 
Windows Server 2008/Windows Vista Kernel Version 6002 (Service Pack 2) MP (2 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 6002.18607.amd64fre.vistasp2_gdr.120402-0336
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02c5a000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02e1edd0
Debug session time: Fri May 25 14:23:20.395 2012 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:21:15.253
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 19, {20, fffffa8007916000, fffffa8007916f30, 4f30000}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\athrxusb.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for athrxusb.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for athrxusb.sys
Probably caused by : athrxusb.sys ( athrxusb+106b6 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> !analyze -v

BAD_POOL_HEADER (19)
The pool is already corrupt at the time of the current request.
This may or may not be due to the caller.
The internal pool links must be walked to figure out a possible cause of
the problem, and then special pool applied to the suspect tags or the driver
verifier to a suspect driver.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000020, a pool block header size is corrupt.
Arg2: fffffa8007916000, The pool entry we were looking for within the page.
Arg3: fffffa8007916f30, The next pool entry.
Arg4: 0000000004f30000, (reserved)

Debugging Details:
------------------

BUGCHECK_STR:  0x19_20

POOL_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80002e81080
 fffffa8007916000 

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT:  1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME:  System

CURRENT_IRQL:  0

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER:  from fffff80002d8d46a to fffff80002cb1ad0

STACK_TEXT:  
fffffa60`017fc378 fffff800`02d8d46a : 00000000`00000019 00000000`00000020 fffffa80`07916000 fffffa80`07916f30 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffffa60`017fc380 fffffa60`00c08cd5 : 00000000`00000003 fffffa80`043081a0 fffffa80`06591606 fffffa60`72614841 : nt!ExFreePool+0x563
fffffa60`017fc430 fffffa60`04a106b6 : 00000000`00000003 fffffa80`06591606 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`62687441 : ndis!NdisFreeMemory+0x15
fffffa60`017fc460 00000000`00000003 : fffffa80`06591606 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`62687441 fffffa80`052031e0 : athrxusb+0x106b6
fffffa60`017fc468 fffffa80`06591606 : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`62687441 fffffa80`052031e0 fffffa60`00c58110 : 0x3
fffffa60`017fc470 00000000`00000000 : fffffa80`62687441 fffffa80`052031e0 fffffa60`00c58110 00000000`00160401 : 0xfffffa80`06591606

STACK_COMMAND:  kb

FOLLOWUP_IP: 
athrxusb+106b6
fffffa60`04a106b6 ??              ???

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX:  3

SYMBOL_NAME:  athrxusb+106b6

FOLLOWUP_NAME:  MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: athrxusb

IMAGE_NAME:  athrxusb.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP:  488f1151

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x19_20_athrxusb+106b6

BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x19_20_athrxusb+106b6

---------

2nd:

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Will\Desktop\Mini052412-01.dmp]

Windows Server 2008/Windows Vista Kernel Version 6002 (Service Pack 2) MP (2 procs) Free x64
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02c64000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02e28dd0
Debug session time: Thu May 24 10:23:25.287 2012 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:09:04.161
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols

BugCheck D1, {8, 2, 0, fffffa6004a73587}

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for athrxusb.sys
Probably caused by : athrxusb.sys ( athrxusb+6e587 )

---------

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high.  This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000008, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
Arg4: fffffa6004a73587, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
------------------

READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80002e8b080

CURRENT_IRQL:  2

FAULTING_IP: 
athrxusb+6e587
fffffa60`04a73587 ??              ???

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT:  1

BUGCHECK_STR:  0xD1

TRAP_FRAME:  fffff80003dd95b0 -- (.trap 0xfffff80003dd95b0)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=0000000000000000 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=fffffa8007a5d000
rdx=0000000000000002 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffffa6004a73587 rsp=fffff80003dd9740 rbp=fffffa8007a540c0
 r8=0000000000001004  r9=fffffa8007d54992 r10=0000057ff85abf38
r11=fffff80003dd98c8 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0         nv up ei pl zr na po nc
athrxusb+0x6e587:
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER:  from fffff80002cbb86e to fffff80002cbbad0

STACK_TEXT:  
fffff800`03dd9468 fffff800`02cbb86e : 00000000`0000000a 00000000`00000008 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff800`03dd9470 fffff800`02cba74b : 00000000`00000000 fffffa60`0229d380 fffffa80`04bea008 fffffa80`07a540c0 : nt!KiBugCheckDispatch+0x6e
fffff800`03dd95b0 fffffa60`04a73587 : fffffa80`07a4ba18 fffffa80`07a4ba18 fffffa80`0644a801 fffffa60`04a83d32 : nt!KiPageFault+0x20b
fffff800`03dd9740 fffffa80`07a4ba18 : fffffa80`07a4ba18 fffffa80`0644a801 fffffa60`04a83d32 fffffa80`07df4002 : athrxusb+0x6e587
fffff800`03dd9748 fffffa80`07a4ba18 : fffffa80`0644a801 fffffa60`04a83d32 fffffa80`07df4002 00000000`00000000 : 0xfffffa80`07a4ba18
fffff800`03dd9750 fffffa80`0644a801 : fffffa60`04a83d32 fffffa80`07df4002 00000000`00000000 00000000`00001000 : 0xfffffa80`07a4ba18
fffff800`03dd9758 fffffa60`04a83d32 : fffffa80`07df4002 00000000`00000000 00000000`00001000 fffffa80`07e466c3 : 0xfffffa80`0644a801
fffff800`03dd9760 fffffa80`07df4002 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00001000 fffffa80`07e466c3 fffffa80`07df4002 : athrxusb+0x7ed32
fffff800`03dd9768 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00001000 fffffa80`07e466c3 fffffa80`07df4002 fffff800`03dd9908 : 0xfffffa80`07df4002

FOLLOWUP_IP: 
athrxusb+6e587

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX:  3

SYMBOL_NAME:  athrxusb+6e587

MODULE_NAME: athrxusb

IMAGE_NAME:  athrxusb.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP:  488f1151

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0xD1_athrxusb+6e587

BUCKET_ID:  X64_0xD1_athrxusb+6e587

---------

3rd:

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Will\Desktop\Mini052412-02.dmp]

Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02c60000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02e24dd0
Debug session time: Thu May 24 12:10:06.051 2012 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:45:27.785
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols

BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffffa60047d3751, 0, ffffffffffffffff}

Probably caused by : nwifi.sys ( nwifi!Pt6RepackRecvNBL+a9 )

---------

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1e)
This is a very common bugcheck.  Usually the exception address pinpoints
the driver/function that caused the problem.  Always note this address
as well as the link date of the driver/image that contains this address.
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffffffc0000005, The exception code that was not handled
Arg2: fffffa60047d3751, The address that the exception occurred at
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Parameter 0 of the exception
Arg4: ffffffffffffffff, Parameter 1 of the exception

Debugging Details:
------------------

EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.

FAULTING_IP: 
nwifi!Pt6RepackRecvNBL+a9
fffffa60`047d3751 450fb701        movzx   r8d,word ptr [r9]

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER1:  0000000000000000

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER2:  ffffffffffffffff

READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80002e87080
 ffffffffffffffff 

ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.

BUGCHECK_STR:  0x1E_c0000005

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT:  2

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER:  from fffff80002c9a177 to fffff80002cb7ad0

STACK_TEXT:  
fffff800`03dd8bc8 fffff800`02c9a177 : 00000000`0000001e ffffffff`c0000005 fffffa60`047d3751 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff800`03dd8bd0 fffff800`02cb7929 : fffff800`03dd9308 00000000`00000000 fffff800`03dd93b0 fffffa80`08831010 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x29107
fffff800`03dd91d0 fffff800`02cb650d : 00000000`00000000 fffffa60`03827321 00000000`00000200 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiExceptionDispatch+0xa9
fffff800`03dd93b0 fffffa60`047d3751 : fffffa80`07c82260 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffffa60`00c08be2 : nt!KiGeneralProtectionFault+0xcd
fffff800`03dd9540 fffffa60`047d4140 : fffffa80`00020003 fffffa80`00000030 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nwifi!Pt6RepackRecvNBL+0xa9
fffff800`03dd95e0 fffffa60`00c1ee89 : fffffa80`07c3a600 fffffa80`07c3a600 fffffa80`07bbf001 fffffa80`07cdd324 : nwifi!Pt6Receive+0x14c
fffff800`03dd9640 fffffa60`04815202 : fffffa80`07c42d68 fffffa60`02845328 fffffa80`089eb030 fffffa60`0000ffff : ndis! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0xc0ff
fffff800`03dd9680 fffffa80`07c42d68 : fffffa60`02845328 fffffa80`089eb030 fffffa60`0000ffff fffffa80`00000001 : athrxusb+0x11202
fffff800`03dd9688 fffffa60`02845328 : fffffa80`089eb030 fffffa60`0000ffff fffffa80`00000001 fffffa80`07caa030 : 0xfffffa80`07c42d68
fffff800`03dd9690 00000000`00000000 : fffffa80`07c82260 00000001`00000001 fffffa80`07bbf001 fffffa60`04882c94 : USBPORT!USBPORTSVC_LogEntry+0x2c

FOLLOWUP_IP: 
fffffa60`047d3751 450fb701        movzx   r8d,word ptr [r9]

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX:  4

SYMBOL_NAME:  nwifi!Pt6RepackRecvNBL+a9

MODULE_NAME: nwifi

IMAGE_NAME:  nwifi.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP:  49e02d43

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x1E_c0000005_nwifi!Pt6RepackRecvNBL+a9

BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x1E_c0000005_nwifi!Pt6RepackRecvNBL+a9

---------

4th:

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Will\Desktop\Mini052412-03.dmp]

Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02c4e000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02e12dd0
Debug session time: Thu May 24 14:49:16.277 2012 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:38:00.165
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols

BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffffa6004d98751, 0, ffffffffffffffff}

Probably caused by : nwifi.sys ( nwifi!Pt6RepackRecvNBL+a9 )

---------

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1e)
This is a very common bugcheck.  Usually the exception address pinpoints
the driver/function that caused the problem.  Always note this address
as well as the link date of the driver/image that contains this address.
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffffffc0000005, The exception code that was not handled
Arg2: fffffa6004d98751, The address that the exception occurred at
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Parameter 0 of the exception
Arg4: ffffffffffffffff, Parameter 1 of the exception

Debugging Details:
------------------

EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.

FAULTING_IP: 
fffffa60`04d98751 450fb701        movzx   r8d,word ptr [r9]

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER1:  0000000000000000

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER2:  ffffffffffffffff

READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80002e75080
 ffffffffffffffff 

ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.

BUGCHECK_STR:  0x1E_c0000005

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT:  3

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER:  from fffff80002c88177 to fffff80002ca5ad0

STACK_TEXT:  
fffff800`03dd8bc8 fffff800`02c88177 : 00000000`0000001e ffffffff`c0000005 fffffa60`04d98751 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff800`03dd8bd0 fffff800`02ca5929 : fffff800`03dd9308 00000000`00000000 fffff800`03dd93b0 fffffa80`08846010 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x29107
fffff800`03dd91d0 fffff800`02ca450d : 00000000`00000000 fffffa60`04c44924 fffffa80`07c8fd40 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiExceptionDispatch+0xa9
fffff800`03dd93b0 fffffa60`04d98751 : fffffa80`07d86890 00000002`00000018 00000000`00000000 fffffa60`00c13be2 : nt!KiGeneralProtectionFault+0xcd
fffff800`03dd9540 fffffa60`04d99140 : fffffa80`00020003 fffffa80`00000030 00000000`00000000 fffffa60`00000000 : nwifi!Pt6RepackRecvNBL+0xa9
fffff800`03dd95e0 fffffa60`00c29e89 : fffffa80`06474d70 fffffa80`06474d70 fffffa80`0610fc01 fffffa80`07d54648 : nwifi!Pt6Receive+0x14c
fffff800`03dd9640 fffffa60`04c1d202 : fffffa80`07876d68 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`08bc0030 fffffa60`0000ffff : ndis! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0xc0ff
fffff800`03dd9680 fffffa80`07876d68 : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`08bc0030 fffffa60`0000ffff fffffa80`00000001 : athrxusb+0x11202
fffff800`03dd9688 00000000`00000000 : fffffa80`08bc0030 fffffa60`0000ffff fffffa80`00000001 fffffa80`07d68030 : 0xfffffa80`07876d68

FOLLOWUP_IP: 
fffffa60`04d98751 450fb701        movzx   r8d,word ptr [r9]

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX:  4

SYMBOL_NAME:  nwifi!Pt6RepackRecvNBL+a9

MODULE_NAME: nwifi

IMAGE_NAME:  nwifi.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP:  49e02d43

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x1E_c0000005_nwifi!Pt6RepackRecvNBL+a9

BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x1E_c0000005_nwifi!Pt6RepackRecvNBL+a9

---------
May 28, 2012 12:28PM
thanks for the help TOF and war59312, ive done what you have suggested and found out i had 5 drivers that needed updates. will post if i get another BSOD.

deleted athrxusb.sys file, one problem solved.

ndis.sys file clean and utd. version #: 6.0.6002.180005 (NDIS 6.0 wrapper driver).

"Do have a HP 802.11abg wireless LAN too in this computer. If so you should update it as well or un-install if you don't plan on using it."

i dont see this anywhere on my comp including DM. i kinda piggy back on a wifi network near where i live and just use it as a public connection.

again thanks for all the help, will post if i get any more BSOD's and/or email you, thanks again.

Anonymous User
Re: I'm getting older and getting forgetful...
June 10, 2012 02:36PM
Brandon, not sure if you are getting anywhere but try opening your computer (the actual physical computer, not "My Computer") and use an air duster and dust buster to clean it out.

Also, don't reformat your hard drive, that's a waaaay last resort and it doesn't seem you are there yet. I think it's a combination of too many installs/uninstalls, over analysis of security, and crap left over as you've been trying to fix it. Here is my recommendation (it's tedious but please don't get frustrated in progress...)

Have a way of posting screen shots (if you have Vista, see if you have the snipping tool enabled by pressing start orb and typing "snipping tool"...if it doesn't show up...[www.mydigitallife.info])

Download these tools (no installs necessary):
- ultradefrag [downloads.sourceforge.net]
- revo uninstaller [www.revouninstaller.com]
- autoruns [download.sysinternals.com]

Open autoruns (just open the autoruns zip, don't unzip it) and double click autoruns.exe. Agree to the license
Let the program finish scanning (check the bottom left)
File > save the autoruns.arn file

Open revo uninstaller zip and run the exe in there.
Let it finish scanning your programs
Change the view to List View
Resize the window so you can fit as much of the programs in it
Take a screenshot (multiple screenshots if you can't fit all the programs on one screen)

Post back your screenshots and the autoruns.arn file here for me so i can look at it
I'll disable a bunch of junk if i can find it, then post the arn file back for you.
You can import your modified autoruns.arn file and depending on what I've disabled, you should notice a speed increase after a logout/login or reboot.
I'll also look at your revo screenshots and suggest if you should uninstall some stuff.
Just leave the defaults when you uninstall
If leftover DIRECTORIES remain, select all and delete
If leftover REGISTRY entries remain, DO NOT DELETE
You might have to reboot after uninstalling some things

Open ultradefrag zip file and unzip it (this one you DO need to unzip/extract [same thing])
Go into the folder and run ultradefrag.exe
Press F11 (enable boot time scan)
Reboot
Go back in and run ultradefrag.exe again
Select your C:\ drive and press CTRL+F7 (full optimization)
Let it run for however long it takes, and reboot a final time.

We'll see how that works!

BTW, did you run memtest86 as TOF suggested?

Lastly, regarding "last time i tried the "zipped" files were the same size as the original so....what was the point right??? file size shrinks when zipped correctly I'm assuming."

The file size will change if it can be compressed. If not, then no. It is still useful to zip files even if they keep the same file sizes because you can zip all of you minidump files and screenshots into one zip file, then upload just one file. And we will only need to download one file.
June 11, 2012 11:42AM
negative on the memtest, took most of my comp apart and went to a comp store specializing on custom pc's and talked to a couple comp geeks who i felt knew what they were talking about and both are saying its the g-card semi-fried, i need a new g-card but for the most part it works w/o any problems but you see glitches here and there. i wont buy a new g-card til i pretty much build a new comp as a whole since i have to pretty much scrap what i have now (obsolete i guess lol).

i can't attach the arn. file too big almost 3 mb

i dont know how to compress, i have 7zip but all options to compress a file have the added "email" option like compress then email, all options to compress force me to email (i cant just compress the @#$%& on my desktop like extracting), i dont know how to change which emailing service my comp uses on default, it brings up windows mail, i dont use windows mail so i dont know the password hence i can never email the end product. i cant just compress the file right where it stands with 7zip or i dont know how to make it do so, so i cant attach it. (there has to be a way of compressing a file without having to then email (using windows mail which ive never used which i dont know how to make it not the default program being used when something like this happens and wants me to email without using a browser) immediately otherwise action aborted bs im having to deal with)

i guess i'll have to email it to you randizzle3000 so you can look at it.

pm (private message) me randizzle3000 with your email addy and i'll email you the arn. file.

got the screenshot to attach, didn't do the ultradefrag yet until i hear back from you about the arn. file and revo screenshot.

thanks for all your help.

*emailed arn. file to disclosed profile email address randizzle3000.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2012 12:14PM by brandonjm8.
Attachments:
open | download - CaptureforPB.JPG (205.9 KB)
Anonymous User
August 23, 2012 05:26PM
FYI - Internap Network Services is hosting some avast! antivirus services; 72.5.58.0-72.5.58.255 should be allowed to proceed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login