Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

new user, astonished and pleased wants list info

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
new user, astonished and pleased wants list info
June 13, 2012 01:04AM
Thank you for this fascinating software. I thought I knew how much we are monitored but the sheer scale of it is mind bending. I am using the supplied lists minus the academic list (not sure why or why not just seems a bit harsh :-) ) A couple of things already stand out. Winstars astronomy for which I pay is blocked but easy to unblock. I wonder why it gets blocked as standard though. Another issue is why are the UK government Department for Works and Pensions sending UDP ( I am a UK resident) and thanks for blocking them. I expect you may not feel responsible for the lists but advice for finding out why people have added these two and many others would be greatly appreciated. ISP's and things from Kuwait to Mexico my mind is spinning. great stuff. Please help me to get to grips with it all. thanks again. brilliant work.
Re: new user, astonished and pleased wants list info
September 03, 2012 02:30PM
Most people add people to a list for a few reasons. We, people, want to be anonymous as much as possible.

Most of these companies collect data without you knowing It, or, crawl your computer for temp files for some data for ads.

Some are hackers, governments, intelligence agencies, threats to computers/you and more.

Listing billions of reasons why would be too time consuming.
Anonymous User
April 15, 2013 09:44PM
I am also astonished even if the program "does'nt work", it is still very useful.
Why on earth are the DWP spying on every single computer in the UK?
I couldn't get my head around that one.

p.s sorry for bumping an old thread.
September 18, 2013 02:22AM
If you seek the truth you shall never find it; no one most-likely can answer that.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login