Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

second Copyright infringement notice from sony

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
second Copyright infringement notice from sony
August 28, 2012 10:39PM
First thing first i do NOT download anything off the internet that isn't drivers or mods for games.
I am currently borrowing internet from my neighbors to play wow and talk to friends on facebook/steam but apparently they got a copyright complaint from sony (i dont know if its real or they are making up excuses to kick me off the internet)

They claim the ISP stated me by name because i was downloading copyrighted stuff from sony but i wasn't all i been doing the last 2 months is play WoW with my buddies on Molten-WoW so i don't know why or where this is coming from. Furthermore why would they even know my name?, account is in my neighbors name and mine is not anywhere on there.

My neighbors claim that the ISP said and i quote "Philip ***** is downloading sony copyrighted material" How would they even know my name how. But one thing that i did notice is my neighbors when i questioned them changed their story 3 or 4 times first one was (we haven't even been connected to the internet for last few days which is a total lie i seen the names of their computers in the router and in WMP homegroup plus my brother said they were playing CoD online every day for past month, Also when i asked them what exactly was i supposedly downloading they couldn't give me any details plus they claim ISP called them (i was under the impression that they would get a letter in the mail). plus the internet has been painfully slow for the last week and a half.

so is this a big scam or is it an excuse to kick me off?
Re: second Copyright infringement notice from sony
September 01, 2012 04:57AM
Hypothetically ..

Their kid John Doe Jr. could of downloaded some stuff and pointing the finger at you.

Your kid Philip J. Fry Jr. could of downloaded some stuff.

Reality..

Its their Internet.. they can kick you off for whatever reason.

Educated guesses..

You play WoW (high bandwidth game) they pay CoD (high bandwidth game).. probably kicking you off so their ping/lag will decrease.. I share a modem with two other people that play those games at the same time.. they scream murder at each other over lag... Don't you just love first world problems..

Going over bandwidth quota.. Being charged extra..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login