Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DSL.NET

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
DSL.NET
February 16, 2013 11:18PM
This only happened a couple times: Generally, while I surf the net, I'll hit a page that will not load. I'll notice peerblock blinking, check the blocked list, and find the website has been blocked. Usually, I'll silently thank the creators of the list, and move on to a safer neck of the woods. Sometimes, though, every page I try, even ones I've recently visited get blocked. I'll check peerblock, and it's blocking a domain: DSL.NET. I assume all my internet is being routed through DSL.NET at that time. If I temporarily allow DSL.NET, I can load pages. Right now, I'm surfing fine with them blocked. It hasn't happened in a while.

My question is, does anyone know who DSL.NET is and why would my Canadian ISP be routing traffic through them (if that's what's happening)? I've scanned my computer - no viruses. I don't use a proxy.
Anonymous User
Re: DSL.NET
February 27, 2013 06:59PM
bump?
February 28, 2013 04:59PM
An ip associated with the tag DSL.NET is needed.
Anonymous User
May 14, 2013 06:25AM
I've been bombarded with hits from dsl.net,inc. No matter what site I go to that has images peerblock gives me a string of hits from dsl.net,inc
No idea whats going on. I've scanned with AVG antivirus, Superantispyware and Malwarebytes.
As of today the dsl.net,inc IP is 64.145.75.25 (or 34 or 50 or 16 for the last number) and its always on port 80

Any ideas???
May 15, 2013 10:07PM
[business.highbeam.com]

For all intents and purposes the company called Bandcon is a video and audio infrastructural resource and might be a node which may or may not be involved with spying/tracking... It might be that there is a cookie on your system that is calling a resource from bandcon so you might want to dump all cookies on the browser/s you are using.

DSL.NET is Bandcon

Region: California
City: Costa Mesa
Postal Code: 92626
Latitude/Longitude: 33.679298 / -117.905502
ISP: "BandCon"
Organization: "BandCon"
Host Name: N/A
IP address is numbered 64.145.75.25. This IP address is registered in United States, and active in Costa Mesa, California. IP Country code is US. IP address is assigned to "BandCon". In organization "BandCon". IP address longitude is -117.905502 and latitude is 33.679298. Postal code of this IP is 92626 and area code is 714.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2013 10:10PM by DarC.
Anonymous User
May 16, 2013 05:07AM
Strangely enough it happens if I use IE, Chrome, or even SRWare Iron browsers. So I think its tied in deeper than a cookie.
I have cleared my cookies and still get 100's of hits a day. It is strange though. I left my system alone for a while and when I came back it was not hitting DSL.NET anymore! It seems to turn itself on or off when it wants...?
One sure way I can tell if it is happening is when I have my intellicast (small weather app) running. When I am affected the images will not show and when I click on the radar the page that I'm taken too is malformed with no images at all.

I sure wish I could figure out what's going on. I've done every scan I can think of and nothing is getting rid of this behavior.. It happens weather I have my proxy is set to auto detect or unchecked all together.
Anonymous User
May 16, 2013 05:19AM
Along with DSL.NET I also get a bunch of hits from Savvis-2. I know savvis is associated with certain softwares that might be installed but I don't have any of them installed. So why this constant pinging? This one hits every minute on the dot.
May 16, 2013 10:58AM
It might be that your ISP is tied to them...Or it may be a program running on your system.

use this to find out which and where
[technet.microsoft.com]
Anonymous User
May 16, 2013 07:43PM
Yeah, Im thinking something is running and it shouldn't be. Tonight I'm sitting here looking at peerblock and watching DSL.NET,inc hitting every port from 1 to ~... I don't even have a browser open and its going nuts!
I have malwarebytes, AVG, and Superantispyware... none are picking up anything... wth...
Attachments:
open | download - peerblock.jpg (133.3 KB)
May 17, 2013 04:48PM
i get dozens if not 100's of hits from our us govt..................

i havent p2p in over a year, no illegal doings here, im being monitored.........

Life is like a box of chocolates................................umm chocolate, yummy grinning smiley
May 18, 2013 11:44PM
lol just use a proxy it doesn't cost anything nowadays use bitcoin with [www.privateinternetaccess.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2013 11:44PM by DarC.
Anonymous User
May 23, 2013 05:52AM
I used superantispyware scan and it caught nothing. But, it has a Repairs section. In there is one that resets URL Prefixes. Its definition is "Resets internet explorers URL prefixes to the default values. Some malware threats use these settings to hijack we page navigation."
One click and reboot and I've not seen one hit from DSL.Net,inc YEAH!
Anonymous User
May 24, 2013 06:30AM
It seemed to have helped but just last night I again had a slew of DSL.net hits.... It seems random actually. The way I can tell if it is happening is I have a little weather app from intellicast.com that loads with windows. If the radar map shows up I can tell that my web images are not being filtered through dsl.net. If I get all X's instead of images then I look at peerblock it has gone crazy... Sure wish I could get to the root of this. I understand that I could use a proxy but I really prefer to fix whats wrong instead of leaving it there and hiding from it...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login