Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Did I just Secure myself or am I wide OPEN???

Posted by stormshadow 
Did I just Secure myself or am I wide OPEN???
March 07, 2016 02:10PM
So i switched to bell internet and got their homehub 2000 (segemcom 5250). When I plugged in directly to my computer, my Peerblock would not allow any communication with the bell ISP - no surfing or even google (nor does it indicate that it's blocking anything), unless I disable filtering private networks.

However, when I plug it into my stand alone router that I was using previously, and connect my computer to that, everything works normally even with all filters active. Speed took a negligible dip, and jitter went from 0 to 1ms. I don't know if that affects online gaming, hope not guess I'll find out soon. Turned off the wireless functions of bell's all in one modem/router as I wanted to do anyway because I don't know if they've fixed the WPS exploit completely.. or at all since they've never admitted it. Anyways:

Am I more secure or did i just bypass my own security?
Re: Did I just Secure myself or am I wide OPEN???
March 08, 2016 01:47PM
stormshadow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Am I more secure or did i just bypass my own security?

Didn't understand.

> When I plugged in directly to my computer
Internet --- homehub2000 (192.168.1.1) --- PC (192.168.1.eg100) ??? (1 sub net)

> when I plug it into my stand alone router that I was using previously
Internet --- homehub2000 (192.168.1.1) --- old Router 192.168.1.eg100 / 192.168.2.1 --- PC (192.168.2.eg100) ???
................... sub net 1 ..............................................sub net 2 ..................................................... PC belongs to sub net 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login