Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Steam Allow List & TF2 Block Lists

Posted by Grompy 
Steam Allow List & TF2 Block Lists
November 06, 2009 07:37AM
For anyone who uses steam and would like to continue to use it while peerblock is open Follow these instructions:
1. Start PeerBlock
2. Click List Manager
3. Click Add
4. Put something in the description like steam-allow
5. click add url and paste this: "http://list.iblocklist.com/?list=steam" - no quotes
6.  Choose type: allow
7.  Click Ok then close the List Manager.

Also for anybody interested here is a link to a list generator that generates TF2 block lists for
Fake Player Count:
Unwanted Redirect:
Poor Admins:
Insta-Spawn:
24+ Max Players:
Low Gravity:
Party Mod/RTD/Similar:
Achievement Server:
[tf2app.com]

Credits for this go to Pebr on Steam Forumns.
original post about TF2 blacklist and information about it can be found on the steam forumns here:
[forums.steampowered.com]

I hope this helps some people out and saves some searching!

edit: Added iblock list removed file

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2009 08:03AM by Grompy.
Re: Steam Allow List & TF2 Block Lists
November 06, 2009 07:47AM
Hi Grompy, and welcome to the forums!

Thanks for the links / attachments.  There's also a Valve list hosted at iblocklist.com, one that appears to include some additional IP addresses over top of the ones in that list you provided.  You might also want to suggest to Pebr that he talk to fahkir - the guy who runs iblocklist.com - to see if he'd be interested in hosting a copy of that "TF2 Annoying Servers" list.  The iblocklist.com servers are very fast and reliable, and as many people peruse the "list of lists" there for ideas it could help spread the word about that new list.

Either way, I'm sure some visitors to here will find this thread useful - thanks again!

---  Mark  ---

[Edit: Actually, that TF2 link looks even spiffier than I'd first assumed, as it essentially lets you build a custom TF2 Server Blocklist - cool stuff! Do they support any way to encode those parameters in a URL so that, for example, PeerBlock could automatically update against it?]

Lead developer of PeerBlock

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2009 07:50AM by MarkSide.
November 06, 2009 07:51AM
Hey thanks mark! If I'd known that there was a live updated list I wouldn't have ever even posted this lol. thanks for the information I'll use iblockslist instead and update the thread and remove the attachment.

thanks again!
Grompy
November 06, 2009 08:10AM
I don't know Pebr personally. Every point of communication with him says PM him on the steam forumns if you'd like to discuss it further with him. Here's his steam profile. [forums.steampowered.com]

Grompy
November 18, 2009 07:15AM
Hey guys, I came across this thread while checking through search engines.

I may contact fahkir - That seems like a good idea to get the list more "visible". As far as my official lists, they are fast and reliable enough. My server will update the lists every hour and considering there is only about 1 new "verified" addition every one two days this should be sufficient.

Currently custom lists are not linkable yet. I am hoping to make the custom lists "live" at some point so you don't have to manually update them.
November 18, 2009 12:53PM
Hi Pebr,

I mentioned this list to Fakhir some time ago, and he seemed quite optimistic.

I didn't take it any further as i'm obviously not related in any way to the creation/maintenance of the lists.

He'll likely still be very interested.

I contacted him here [iblocklist.com]

Cheers!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 48
Record Number of Guests: 215 on November 08, 2012