Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Website Performance Upgrades

Posted by MarkSide 
Website Performance Upgrades
August 22, 2009 02:38AM
Earlier today I tweaked some of the web-server settings (enabled automatic gzip-compression of files, set up some cache-control headers), so hopefully it should be a bit snappier for us all. I know it's seemed a bit aggravatingly slow at times...

---  Mark  ---

Lead developer of PeerBlock
Re: Website Performance Upgrades
August 22, 2009 09:53PM
With my server? It shouldn't be slow....????

- Mike
August 23, 2009 04:18AM
Ah, no, not the server itself I think it's mostly our configuration of it and the forums that've been to blame. I started running through the Google Page Speed tool against this forum just to see what it said, and it looks like the biggest problem was that we weren't compressing the (failry large) javascript/css/php-output. The next is that we've got links to a whole slew of small files instead of a couple large ones, so we're looking into that - Firefox is currently spending about half the page-load time just looking for javascript files . . . even though they're already in the cache! So it's just some server optimization we need to do, something which I'm still learning about 'cause Web Stuff really isn't much my forte.

But no, your server is doing quite well - and thanks again for the donation of space & bandwidth on it! smiling smiley

---  Mark  ---

Lead developer of PeerBlock
August 23, 2009 04:20PM
Ok....you just had me worried for a minute. Keep up the good work!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login