Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

uncaught exceptions

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
uncaught exceptions
December 14, 2009 05:34PM
Hello. I am new to this forum. I am currently using the Beta version and have some "uncaught exceptions" to report (see attached file, which includes the dates they occurred). Is this the correct way to notify you about them? Do they indicate "holes" in the coverage? Is there anything I need to do about them other than to report them here? Thanks.
Attachments:
open | download - Peer Block - uncaught exception 12-14-09.zip (54.1 KB)
Re: uncaught exceptions
December 14, 2009 05:52PM
Thanks for the problem report - this is definitely the right place to report them!

These are actually problems coming from the third-party database code we use to write our history our to a file.  Generally speaking it's supposed to be indicative of a hard-drive error, or that's what they tell us anyways.  So my first recommendation would be to run some disk-checking tools on your hard-drive to make sure that all is good there.

Barring that, this could be the result of some bug in their code.  Once you're sure that your disk is truly okay, what you can do to avoid this problem is go into Settings and change the "History" dropdown to "Log None".  This should prevent us from doing anything with this database code, and so should prevent this problem from occurring anymore.  You won't have any history of blocks/allows saved anymore, but at least PeerBlock won't be crashing on you...!

Good luck,

---  Mark  ---

Lead developer of PeerBlock
Anonymous User
Re: uncaught exceptions
December 14, 2009 07:05PM
Thanks, Mark! I will follow your suggestions and let you know if I encounter any further problems.

Great product!
smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login